Expired MedXpress Forms

mjm28

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
mjm28
I made a mistake on my MedXpress form and I am going down the path of letting it expire and just fill out a new one before my physical. I haven't seen an AME with this current confirmation number. I really don't want to see one to have him change it, because I know what's on there is most likely disqualifying. So, my question for you guys, do you know if the FAA can still access expired MedXpress forms? Or are they deleted forever? Let me know if you have any experience with this. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Deleted forever after 60 days of not being accessed.

Create a new email address (gmail, yahoo, etc) and do new submission. That will allow you to enter the data now, and see AME next week.

What Mike said. Until an AME enters the code number that gets printed on the form, that piece of 'paper' sits in a box somewhere until it times out and goes into the equivalent of a shredder. You can either wait for it to disappear and start over, or start over with a different email.

I plan on waiting for it to expire and re-entering it. I just wanted to make sure they can't access it later on if they wanted to.

I plan on waiting for it to expire and re-entering it. I just wanted to make sure they can't access it later on if they wanted to.

slightly tin foil hat. Unless you call attention to yourself, there is no reason for them to go hunting for the record.

So I see no real reason to just sit in the corner waiting for expiration when you can easily create a new submission and schedule your AME appointment for next week.

Don't forget to save a PDF copy on your hard drive. Keeps you from forgetting key info and makes entering data for the next one much easier (copy/past)

slightly tin foil hat. Unless you call attention to yourself, there is no reason for them to go hunting for the record.

So I see no real reason to just sit in the corner waiting for expiration when you can easily create a new submission and schedule your AME appointment for next week.

Don't forget to save a PDF copy on your hard drive. Keeps you from forgetting key info and makes entering data for the next one much easier (copy/past)

Yeah, no reason to wait, just start a new one and get on with life.

One of the downsides about the form being erased is that when you do fill out another one for the next time, the previous form is gone. If you don't keep a copy of it, you might have to dig through your old records to try to remember how you answered certain questions in the past.

This will be my first exam and my first form expires on 9/15 so I don't mind waiting a couple more weeks. How long after your first physical does it usually take to get medical card in hand? I need it to begin my lessons.

This will be my first exam and my first form expires on 9/15 so I don't mind waiting a couple more weeks. How long after your first physical does it usually take to get medical card in hand? I need it to begin my lessons.

Assuming that you don't have a deferral, you should have your "card" in hand when you leave the doctor's office.

Assuming that you don't have a deferral, you should have your "card" in hand when you leave the doctor's office.

This.

But if your "in error" submission contained something something that would cause you to be deferred, I'll counsel you to make 100% sure that you know you will pass before going live with the AME. If you are less than 100% sure, get sure by consulting with the AME (aka he looks at you and your paperwork, but does not turn in the code) to find out what info and documentation you need to bring to be issued.

If you actually do have something that prevents him from issuing in the office (such as a condition that requires a Special Issuance or SI), your exam will be deferred so that the folks at FAA-Medical in Oklahoma City can review your case. This is where knowing in advance what they want and formatting it so the low levels can approve is very important. If all of the documentation is there and the low levels can say "yup, he meets the standard", then you should see your medical in about 45-60 days.

But if you bomb into the office with a condition that requires deferral and your submission packet is incomplete or poorly organized, then you may encounter a major delay while OKC says "We need this additional data, and you have a short deadline to send it in." And even if you send it in immediately, you're back at the end of the line for your case to be reviewed. And hopefully you won't get another "We need additional data" letter and get further behind.

Again, all of that can be saved by knowing all there is to know about your current health condition and that you meet the FAA standards for issuance BEFORE you enter the AME's office.

And if you don't have any health issues that require deferral, then you will be issued your medical certificate before you leave the office.

BTW, the latest Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners can be found at this link.

I seem to remember Bruce saying that the computer where the submissions are held prior to going "live" is not even run by the FAA but some contractor. It's only when the AME enters the confirmation code into the system that the application becomes known to the FAA.

If they had a damn good reason they *might* be able to hunt down an orphaned MedXPress, but really we're getting into tinfoil hat territory here. If they needed to, they would use the diagnosis codes from the insurance record to establish that you lied on your for-real medical application.

The AME can edit the form prior to submission. I had to have that done at my last exam.

The AME can edit the form prior to submission. I had to have that done at my last exam.
Yes, but then the application is already live. If you've listed a disqualifying condition, you're going to have to convince the AME that you don't really have it, which (assuming you don't) might require the same paperwork the FAA would ask for if it was submitted (by the AME) as-is.

So, long story short, I'm most likely ok just resubmitting my form? I do not have a disqualifying condition. Honest mistake on the form.

So, long story short, I'm most likely ok just resubmitting my form? I do not have a disqualifying condition. Honest mistake on the form.

You'll be starting over when either the first form expires or you use a different email. When you hit "submit", you'll get an activation code to give to the AME. Make sure to give him the NEW activation code, NOT the one printed on the first form.

Deleted forever after 60 days of not being accessed.

Create a new email address (gmail, yahoo, etc) and do new submission. That will allow you to enter the data now, and see AME next week.

I just did that on the advice of Dr. Chien. It worked just fine.

Make sure to give him the NEW activation code, NOT the one printed on the first form.

Slight change.... only give over the activation code one he declares you pass.

Re submit under a different EMail,then keep the number untill the exam is complete ,then let the Ame submit and issue you cert.

Sorry to hijack, but my SI expired about a year ago and I'd like to renew it. Will I be required to come up with the same letters from my Doctor if my condition hasn't changed? Should I just schedule the medical and have the letters in hand?

Sorry to hijack, but my SI expired about a year ago and I'd like to renew it. Will I be required to come up with the same letters from my Doctor if my condition hasn't changed? Should I just schedule the medical and have the letters in hand?
You should have a letter from FAA telling you how to renew your SI. If it says, "bring a letter from your doc", they generally want one that's less than 90 days old.

... keep the number untill the exam is complete ,then let the Ame submit and issue you cert.

If you do it this way, make sure you explain to the AME what you are trying to do, and why, and see if he's OK with it. He might end up charging extra for the extra time, he's essentially giving 2 exams - one for you, and one for FAA (some AMEs might see it that way, some might not.)

You should have a letter from FAA telling you how to renew your SI. If it says, "bring a letter from your doc", they generally want one that's less than 90 days old.

Last question, I promise...
So if I don't have that letter(it was a year ago) can I contact them online to get the guidelines?

Last question, I promise...
So if I don't have that letter(it was a year ago) can I contact them online to get the guidelines?

You might have to call Oklahoma City, give them your info, and ask of they can mail or fax you a copy. You might be able to get some clarification over the phone.

Here's the number:

https://www.faa.gov/other_visit/avi...gations/designee_types/ame/amcs/phonenumbers/

What were the letters you got the last time? It might be a simple thing to schedule a regular physical, then ask for a fresh report while you are there. Serves two purposes: 1) you get a checkout prior to seeing the AME, 2) you get a fresh report.

You might have to call Oklahoma City, give them your info, and ask of they can mail or fax you a copy. You might be able to get some clarification over the phone.

Here's the number:

https://www.faa.gov/other_visit/avi...gations/designee_types/ame/amcs/phonenumbers/

What were the letters you got the last time? It might be a simple thing to schedule a regular physical, then ask for a fresh report while you are there. Serves two purposes: 1) you get a checkout prior to seeing the AME, 2) you get a fresh report.

I have to find that correspondence. I decided then just to fly Sport pilot so the letters are in a box somewhere. I see my Doctor next week, so I will make the request for the letter and give OKC a call in the meantime. Thanks!

Back