Experimental Amateur-Built Aircraft Safety Survey - Need GA Pilot Inputs!

Falcon900EX

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Phil Geddes
Everyone,

I'm conducting some research on Experimental Amateur-Built aircraft safety for completion of my aeronautical science master's degree at Embry-Riddle. I'm trying to get my sample to be representative of all GA pilots in the USA. If you could spare 5-10 minutes to complete my survey at the link below, I'd really appreciate it.

I've gotten a ton of responses from E-AB aircraft builders, owners, and pilots, but I'm trying to balance this out with responses from certified aircraft owners and pilots.

This survey isn't perfect, so please take advantage of the "comments" sections to add additional thoughts. Also, on question #12 "operational pitfalls", 1="most likely".

The requirements for this survey are:

• you hold at least a private pilot's license
• you have read the above information
• you voluntarily agree to participate
• you are at least 18 years of age

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Best Regards,
Phil Geddes

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EABAircraftSafetySurvey

Last edited:
Everyone,
This survey isn't perfect, so please take advantage of the "comments" sections to add additional thoughts. Also, on question #12 "operational pitfalls", 1="most likely".

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EABAircraftSafetySurvey

Phil,
Just completed, but there was a problem on question #12. When I entered the first number, everything auto-filled with the first option being a 1, the next a 2 and so on. I tried to change but it wouldn't allow. I don't know if others had the same problem, but I'd take a look at your data to make sure responses are valid.

PS - Experimental A/C rock and are the only way to go :wink2:

Phil,
Just completed, but there was a problem on question #12. When I entered the first number, everything auto-filled with the first option being a 1, the next a 2 and so on. I tried to change but it wouldn't allow. I don't know if others had the same problem, but I'd take a look at your data to make sure responses are valid.
It worked for me, but it was not intuitive. Click on your number one response and it shows up at the top. The next item you click on will show up as #2 with #1 unchanged. Ditto for the third item you click on, etc.

-Skip

Looking at the title of this thread I thought OK I'll take that survey. First questions are about gender, age, race, income..... Lost me right there.

I guess I'm just tired of EVERYTHING being about the first few items. I was hoping to give my opinion on the topic just as a pilot, what the hell does the rest of it have to do with experimentals and safety?

Looking at the title of this thread I thought OK I'll take that survey. First questions are about gender, age, race, income..... Lost me right there.

I guess I'm just tired of EVERYTHING being about the first few items. I was hoping to give my opinion on the topic just as a pilot, what the hell does the rest of it have to do with experimentals and safety?

Aww come on, don't you want to be an insanely rich 20 something year old? Isn't that what the internet is for. I don't think i have EVER answered those type of questions honestly.

Aww come on, don't you want to be an insanely rich 20 something year old? Isn't that what the internet is for. I don't think i have EVER answered those type of questions honestly.

I only do to prove you don't have to be wealthy to own your own plane...

Somebody please post a munch popcorn smiley on my behalf. I don't do smilies.

Somebody please post a munch popcorn smiley on my behalf. I don't do smilies.

7dc6c095_micheal-jackson-eating-popcorn-theater-gif.gif

Not a smiley, but relays the message.

Atleast 18 years of age, huh?

There are GA pilots under 18.

Don't take it personally. While I'm sure that the OP knows that, he may have been instructed to use age ranges starting with 18 for legal fears.

Yeah, I was turned off by that especially the obligatory "race" question with no "decline to answer". Figured what the hell, I'll help out and did it anyway. The one with the 12 choices was a neat bit of web design.

Back