Exhausting questions ...

Sir.....

That is the SOURCE of high pressure air to be fed to the heat muff so you have cabin heat.....

You are visualizing the air going the wrong way.... IMHO...

Your'e right.

I was. :mad2:

Got another dumb one ...

My big fuel line going from the gascolator to the carb ....

Would wrapping it with fireproof insulation do anything to keep the fuel cooler? Cooler = more H.P. :rockon:

Got another dumb one ...

Would wrapping it with fireproof insulation do anything to keep the fuel cooler? Cooler = more H.P. :rockon:

Not more HP.... But less chance of vapor lock and a fire....:yes::yes::rolleyes:

Ps.... it is a certified plane... It NEEDS to be firesleeved>...

Got another dumb one ...

Not particularly, but you probably have enough room under the panel for a Moroso fuel cooler can that you can load with dry ice before flight.;)

Not more HP.... But less chance of vapor lock and a fire....:yes::yes::rolleyes:

O.k. got it.

One more.

Is it typical for these engines #2 cylinder to be the dirtiest? It's the most rearward cylinder next to the firewall. Is it just the slope of the engine at rest that cruds it up?

Not particularly, but you probably have enough room under the panel for a Moroso fuel cooler can that you can load with dry ice before flight.;)

If ForcedAeromotive had the STC for mine, it'd have a supercharger! :yesnod:

I knew Henning would chime in........

The ol " cool can " trick......

When people start that with me I simply suggest larger main jets..:rolleyes:

Barnum and Bailey was right....:D:D

As you can tell, I'm ignorant but tenacious.

I'm fascinated by engines and making them better ....

Bigger is better. Talk to Jack @ Tx Skyways or Steve @ Pponk. All it takes is money.

I knew Henning would chime in........

The ol " cool can " trick......

When people start that with me I simply suggest larger main jets..:rolleyes:

Barnum and Bailey was right....:D:D

They sell them for a reason, people are gullible.:rofl:

However a buddy raced with an 850CFM carb limit and built an ice box for the whole carb and hi rise ram intake to cold soak it as well as the fuel so the air charge gained density as well. It may have been worth a couple of thousandths.:lol:

Last edited:
Bigger is better. Talk to Jack @ Tx Skyways or Steve @ Pponk. All it takes is money.

When she's run out, maybe. But then I lose my Mogas STC. .... :sad:

ForcedAeromotive's supercharger would have been a perfect fit for my low compression baby ... alas, no STC. :sad::sad:

Here's the other side while we're at it. ....

I'm giving you the finger! :lol::lol:

Last edited:
When she's run out, maybe. But then I lose my Mogas STC. .... :sad:

ForcedAeromotive's supercharger would have been a perfect fit for my low compression baby ... alas, no STC. :sad::sad:

Here's the other side while we're at it. ....

I'm giving you the finger! :lol::lol:

Me.... The finger...... That would be the first time in the last 10 minutes....

Ps... You have a REAL nice plane...:yesnod::yesnod::):):)

Me.... The finger...... That would be the first time in the last 10 minutes....

Ps... You have a REAL nice plane...:yesnod::yesnod::):):)

Gracias. I'm priveleged to have found it and own it.

I was looking at Maule's when an old timer I met on our field said "c'mere son, let me show you what you want!"

Tucked away back in the corner covered with dust was my bird. It was like finding an old muscle car in a barn. 2300TT, 500SMOH, but ugly as dirt since it hadn't been polished in years. I saw the potential and we made a deal.

This was how I found her.

After many man hours, this is what the caterpillar turned into ... a butterfly. :)

Gracias. I'm priveleged to have found it and own it.

I was looking at Maule's when an old timer I met on our field said "c'mere son, let me show you what you want!"

Tucked away back in the corner covered with dust was my bird. It was like finding an old muscle car in a barn. 2300TT, 500SMOH, but ugly as dirt since it hadn't been polished in years. I saw the potential and we made a deal.

This was how I found her.

After many man hours, this is what the caterpillar turned into ... a butterfly. :)

You should be VERY proud....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You're on the 180/185 group, knew I saw that plane before. Clean aircraft BTW

You're on the 180/185 group, knew I saw that plane before. Clean aircraft BTW

Affirmative. I tell a few lies over there. :lol:

I was in the International 180/185 club, but I think my sub expired. They kind of boogered up the website....I was scudrunner over there.

Buz Landry has flown my plane, and given me some pointers. He was the club president for a long time. He has a beautiful 185 that he can fly the **** out of it. :yesnod:

Back