Exercise

Mtns2Skies

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Mtns2Skies
Not aviation relevant but is exercising while sore causing damage?

There is

sore as in injury. A small muscular tear, joint pain, or something worse with all probably needing attention, ice and rest

then there is sore as in DOMS which comes on between 24 and 36 hours later and lasts a few days. it is the good sore and give you notice that you are getting a training response (well generally.. you can give yourself DOMS without too much exertion or effect, like plyometrics or negatives)

There really is no advantage to exercising (weight training at least) while sore, as your muscles are still in a recovery mode and as such it can be detrimental as previously mentioned. If you are still sore after a couple days you should train lightly but resume exercise.

Cardio though, should ideally be continuous. If your legs are sore from running, I would find another form of cardiovascular exercise (swimming or maybe a low impact elliptical or bike) before lapsing for too long.

I used to run, a lot, and being sore was pretty common. The problem with repetitive exercise like that is if I was sore in one spot I'd tend to favor it while running, which would throw something else off and make the overall situation worse.

It depends on what's causign the pain - if it's a joint issue then you could make things worse.

I used to run, a lot, and being sore was pretty common. The problem with repetitive exercise like that is if I was sore in one spot I'd tend to favor it while running, which would throw something else off and make the overall situation worse.

This effect gets worse as you age. Trust me. :(

It depends on what's causign the pain - if it's a joint issue then you could make things worse.

Joint "meaning the actual joint" possibly; the tendons and ligaments around the joint certainly. Overuse of one of these, say aggravating a sore ligament by continuing to exercise with it, can eventually and progressively produce pain that's worse than a broken bone. It may seem better during the workout (blood flow loosens things up) but hurts again withing a couple of hours. It can take 2-3 months to heal once you realize you're being stupid and stop the workouts. As we (meaning me) age, we can no longer "power through" pain the way a young person can. Pain for me now means a "stand down" for awhile. Damn!

Last edited by a moderator:
AeroNews Network under Attack!!!

Guys, I want to inform the communitty that I just found out that AeroNews Network is under attack, every time you go to their home page you will get a Virus.

Im an IT Consultant and our SE's are working on cleaning our Servers after the infection.
For whatever reason I couldnt start a new Thread.

Be carefull !!:mad:

Re: AeroNews Network under Attack!!!

Guys, I want to inform the communitty that I just found out that AeroNews Network is under attack, every time you go to their home page you will get a Virus.

Im an IT Consultant and our SE's are working on cleaning our Servers after the infection.
For whatever reason I couldnt start a new Thread.

Be carefull !!:mad:

An "IT Consultant" who apparently can't secure even his own desktop OS, rely on "SE"'s to fix his own machine, and believes that a website sending a virus to users is typically caused by them being "under attack"... shows up with a big warning not to click on ANN...?

I'm not buying. Something very fishy here. Or incredibly sad. Not sure which.

But since you can't pay me enough to ever click on an ANN link anyway, no loss here.

Re: AeroNews Network under Attack!!!

An "IT Consultant" who apparently can't secure even his own desktop OS, rely on "SE"'s to fix his own machine, and believes that a website sending a virus to users is typically caused by them being "under attack"... shows up with a big warning not to click on ANN...?

I'm not buying. Something very fishy here. Or incredibly sad. Not sure which.

But since you can't pay me enough to ever click on an ANN link anyway, no loss here.
Kind of a back door "win/win".

I'd love to know if the "IT Consultant" has a Florida IP address.

Scratch that. I don't want to know. All stocked up on local crazy. Don't need any more here. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back