Exchange safety pilot time

Lakzz

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Lakzz
Hi everybody,

I'm doing my commercial in the NY area and I look for some other pilots to share some saftey pilot time on a C172SP/G1000 (up to 100 hours).

By exchange I mean flying with someone (ideally another student pilot) who got nearly the same time to build.

Let me know.

:thumbsup:

Hi everybody,

I'm doing my commercial in the NY area and I look for some other pilots to share some saftey pilot time on a C172SP/G1000 (up to 100 hours).

By exchange I mean flying with someone (ideally another student pilot) who got nearly the same time to build.

Let me know.

:thumbsup:

Hmm. Questions, questions. First off, I wonder to what end. And what is with the 100 hours? Safety pilot usually implies hood time, which a student pilot can't do. Care to amplify a bit?

By the way, welcome to PoA. Questions are always welcome, although you may not get usable answers. :D

Hmm. Questions, questions. First off, I wonder to what end. And what is with the 100 hours? Safety pilot usually implies hood time, which a student pilot can't do. Care to amplify a bit?

Looks to me like he means 'commercial student', not student certificate. I'm guessing he means 50 hours of hood time and 50 hours of free PIC time toward the 250 hour requirement. Not a bad way to do it, it seems to me.

I'm actually not too far away, and looking to build up hood time for my instrument rating, but I don't need that much time, and I'm pretty sure a G1000 equipped plane is well out of my price range.

Welcome to POA. It may help you to find someone if you post Where in NY you fly out of. Again Welcome!

Thanks for your messages!

Chucky's right, I'm on my commercial + IR part 141 training. I'm based at Republic Airport (KFRG).

The plan is "trading" up to 100 hours of safety pilot time on a C172SP/G1000, for the same "x" amout of hours on any type of airplane (Skyhawk, Cherokee, whatever) ;)

Back