Excellent news

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Monday when I returned from Hawaii I spent the day hovering around my phone preparing for a very important phone call. I was awarded about 2 PM with a call from the worlds newest CFI with news that he had passed his checkride that day. This would be my first initial CFI sign off and I was pretty excited and nervous about it. Mostly because our prep was limited by my finals school schedule and the vacation. Lots of early morning ground school and flying whenever we could get time. I signed him off before I took off and left him to practice for the week. All went well, with only a few minor problems during the ride, brain fart kind of stuff (hey he learned from me! :))

He gave his first hour of dual today and it sounds like it went well. Im especially excited that Im not just turning him loose in the instructing world, but will be able to mentor him through the summer and fall as he gets more experience.

Very very rewarding to have produced a fellow teacher of flight.

Congratulations, Tony! That is a great milestone for a CFI.

Don't let Tony kid you. He doesn't care about this guy or him getting his CFI, he's just looking for an excuse to remind us that he went to Hawaii on vacation. :D

Good job, Tony! A couple pilots have suggested that I try to become a flight instructor. It sounds like you are enjoying the rewards.
:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Back