ron22

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Ron Hammer
I hope this displaces OK
I have an excel file below
Code:
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]100000000         [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]BOA-Main[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Period:              [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]APRIL 2009              [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Beginning Balance            [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]$1.23 [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]AP-Checks        [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]$0.00 [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]AR-Receipt        [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]$0.00 [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]GL-Jentry-C       [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]$0.00 [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]$0.00                [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Ending Balance         [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]$1.24[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]100000001         [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]AAA-Main[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Period:              [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]APRIL 2009              [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Beginning Balance             [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]$2.23 [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]AP-Checks       [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]$0.00 [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]AR-Receipt       [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]$0.00 [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]GL-Jentry-C      [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]$0.00 [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]$0.00                [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Ending Balance         [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]$2.24 [/SIZE][/FONT]
I want to extract the info into excel like below
Code:
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]100000000        [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]BOA-Main                 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]$1.23                                  [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]$1.24[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]100000001        [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]AAA-Main                 [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]$2.23                                  [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]$2.24[/SIZE][/FONT]
Any easy way to do this?

Last edited:
Never mind I wrote a program in C# to do what I needed.

Never mind I wrote a program in C# to do what I needed.

Ok I have to ask, is Excel that more complicated than C#? I know nothing of C# and a little of Excel.

Just curious...

David

It doesn't make any sense to me. It looks like he just wants a summary sheet/tab, which would take about 30 seconds to setup in Excel. C# wouldn't have even crossed my mind.

If those are uniform, repetitive entries the entire way down then it would be fairly easy, just cell references. The only trick would be to have an increasing cell index function so you can display the extract data line by line.

If I knew Excel I am sure it would have been easy.
What I needed was to move some fields from one excel sheet to another excel sheet.
Example I needed A1, B1, D4, C6 moved to A1,B1,C1,D1. I also found out it was not always C6 had to search for Ending Balance then pull the data in next cell over.
Then they can import the new sheet into there new acounting program.
Not sum anything up just move the fields. A report might have worked did not think to try that.

Plus if I knew how to work this forum better I would have deleted my post and not post the never mind comment :)

That was a problem screaming for Perl if I ever saw one.

It sucks to use spreadsheets as text manipulators. ;)

The true manipulator knows how to spread sheets!

I've never mastered pivot tables. But, I find that I use filters a lot.

Back