Exams4pilots Question

ByrdmanFL

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
ByrdmanFL
Good evening everyone! I took the PPL online ground school with Gleim last year, but never got around to taking the real exam. I have all the books, took a bunch of practice exams and was doing well, got my cert. to take the real one, but never got around to doing the real thing.

Now that my subscription is over, not sure if I really need to spend the $60 to sign back up for Gleim practice exams. I have all the books with the Gleim kit, and took quite a few free practice exams on exams4pilots to see what I need to study but cant do any of the exam questions that require the supplements which are the hardest. Is there somewhere I can get those, or do I need to sign up for their school to get those?

Just looking for the best refresher course so any recommendations for no or low cost test practice is appreciated.

TIA!
Byrdman

I passed with an ASA book and nothing else. If you’re confident, take it. If not, $60 is nothing in the world of aviation. If it makes the difference, I’m sure you’ll never miss the $60.

The supplements are on the FAA website. Download for free. In the event you need to draw on a chart, you can print out that particular page.

The ASA test prep book is less than $20, comes with a discrete test supplement, and comes with a code to unlock 5 online practice tests.

It's also entirely possibly to use paper, pencil and estimation to figure out the ones where it's easiest to write on the chart... ;)

When I used exams4pilots earlier this year, there was a link to each figure cited that popped up in a separate window. Is that gone?

It's also entirely possibly to use paper, pencil and estimation to figure out the ones where it's easiest to write on the chart... ;)

When I used exams4pilots earlier this year, there was a link to each figure cited that popped up in a separate window. Is that gone?

It is not popping up, but that could be a windows popup setting issue. I will check it out! Thank you!

The supplements are on the FAA website. Download for free. In the event you need to draw on a chart, you can print out that particular page.

The ASA test prep book is less than $20, comes with a discrete test supplement, and comes with a code to unlock 5 online practice tests.

Thank you! I will check out the supplements and probably get the prep book too. All I'm wanting is to see what I have retained and what I need to review. I can always use the Gleim books for that section. My biggest fear is getting a bunch of EB6 XC questions on the real deal without practicing a few first.

I used old Irwin Gleim for every test I've taken.

Back