Ex-Factory Option "Partial De-Ice Plumbing" T210R - kit?

Hanno Kraatz

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Hanno
Dear Community.

we have a Cessna T210R which has the option "Partrial Plumbing" installed ex factory for the installation of boots.

We bought the aircraft last year and would like to upgrade from "partial plumbing" to full FIKI installation - all other required options were installed ex factory already (see attached).

We talked to Cessna/Textron to find out whether there was a kit, etc. but the answer was not very helpful:

<<... Basically there are three possible ways to do this.

• An engineering order from the TC holder
• SN extension of the SB / kit
• New STC development

Unfortunately Textron Aviation is declining to participate in this request so the first two options are closed. That would leave the last option which is probably very expensive and requires flight testing. >>

Despite the fact that I find this answer unsatisfying to say the least - it to me does not make any sense to even offer this option if there was no way to make use of it. Has anybody here any experience with this option? I found that option also for C340 and there is a kit available but couldn't find anything for my bird.

Thanks a lot and best wishes, Hanno

Attachments

• WBEQ_21064969.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
The kits are no longer available, but if you can locate the old paper maintenance and parts manuals the kit contents will be listed along with installation instructions. Once you have that any AP may install legally ref the Cessna kit #.

The same kit will fit several cessna models. Just be warned those known ice options still prohibited flight in known ice.

Edit. Partial Kit - Hot prop, alternator, needed.

https://support.cessna.com/custsupt/contacts/pubs/sbProplistingrpt.jsp

https://support.cessna.com/custsupt/contacts/pubs/ourpdf.pdf?as_id=34698
https://support.cessna.com/custsupt/contacts/pubs/ourpdf.pdf?as_id=34697

Last edited:
This is the kind of thing that can drive a person to drink. Strongly recommend just selling the plane and starting over with one that is FIKI - you’ll save time, probably save money, and certainly save a lot of grey hairs...

This is the kind of thing that can drive a person to drink. Strongly recommend just selling the plane and starting over with one that is FIKI - you’ll save time, probably save money, and certainly save a lot of grey hairs...

Yes and no - we got the plane and discovered, it has the option installed; finding a R model with the avionics we have would be difficult and investing money and time into installing boots might (!) be less and easier... we will see :)

The kits are no longer available, but if you can locate the old paper maintenance and parts manuals the kit contents will be listed along with installation instructions. Once you have that any AP may install legally ref the Cessna kit #.

The same kit will fit several cessna models. Just be warned those known ice options still prohibited flight in known ice.

Edit. Partial Kit - Hot prop, alternator, needed.

https://support.cessna.com/custsupt/contacts/pubs/sbProplistingrpt.jsp

https://support.cessna.com/custsupt/contacts/pubs/ourpdf.pdf?as_id=34698
https://support.cessna.com/custsupt/contacts/pubs/ourpdf.pdf?as_id=34697

---

Cheers for that! Our S/N is 210-63969 and is not within the range of what you shared and I could not find anything yet which includes our S/N... typically all those things end with the last "N" Serial Number.

We have everything installed that is needed... Dual Alternators, Dual VacPump, Ice Light, Hot Prop, heated Stall warning, etc. so all missing are the boots and components like valves and timers...

---

Cheers for that! Our S/N is 210-63969 and is not within the range of what you shared and I could not find anything yet which includes our S/N... typically all those things end with the last "N" Serial Number.

We have everything installed that is needed... Dual Alternators, Dual VacPump, Ice Light, Hot Prop, heated Stall warning, etc. so all missing are the boots and components like valves and timers...

That seems strange Cessna sent the plane out the door with everything except the boots. Also the Cessna set ups I have experience with were not dual alternators.

Does your POH have the ice protection system in Section 7? If it does your next stop should be the parts book for the plane.

That seems strange Cessna sent the plane out the door with everything except the boots. Also the Cessna set ups I have experience with were not dual alternators.

Does your POH have the ice protection system in Section 7? If it does your next stop should be the parts book for the plane.

---

Well, except the boots, timers, valves... so tubes are mostly installed though.

But everything else is on as ice light etc...

POH has that section and the original equipment list we obtained from Textron also states equipment installed confirming it has nearly all you need apart from only partial plumbing. That option make close to no sense to me though.

What do you mean with parts book? IPC?

---

Well, except the boots, timers, valves... so tubes are mostly installed though.

But everything else is on as ice light etc...

POH has that section and the original equipment list we obtained from Textron also states equipment installed confirming it has nearly all you need apart from only partial plumbing. That option make close to no sense to me though.

What do you mean with parts book? IPC?

For your airplane there is a parts manual and a maintenance manual. The entire system and each part will be listed in the PM. What you seek may be in the parts listings and the installation method in the repair manual.

I would also go through the link I included. I suspect what you need is in there somewhere.

Last edited:
Yes and no - we got the plane and discovered, it has the option installed; finding a R model with the avionics we have would be difficult and investing money and time into installing boots might (!) be less and easier... we will see :)

I’ve just been down some of these rabbit holes where you’re trying to piece together something that the last time anyone else even thought about it was 30 years ago, and it was beyond stressful. In your case, if you get it partially complete you’re probably not grounded, but in mine, if I couldn’t figure out and document every last little screw, the plane was not airworthy. Very frustrating and stressful.

For your airplane there is a parts manual and a maintenance manual. The entire system and each part will be listed in the PM. What you seek may be in the parts listings and the installation method in the repair manual.

I would also go through the link I included. I suspect what you need is in there somewhere.

Got it, thanks - need to look it up

As for the links - thanks for these but unfortunately I cannot find anything covering the S/N Range for the "R" Series

I’ve just been down some of these rabbit holes where you’re trying to piece together something that the last time anyone else even thought about it was 30 years ago, and it was beyond stressful. In your case, if you get it partially complete you’re probably not grounded, but in mine, if I couldn’t figure out and document every last little screw, the plane was not airworthy. Very frustrating and stressful.

I was hopefull that it wasn't a big task as most of the installations were done already but there you go :)

Back