Every time I schedule the club plane ...

TexasAviation

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
TexasAviation
... the forecast switches from "sunny" to "monsoon."

Jeez, I'm feeling ready to start on my instrument ticket. And I've barely been a pilot for a month! :)

Guy goes into the doc office; 'Doc, it's hurts when I do this.'

Doc; 'Well, stop doing that!'

Ergo - you will just have to stop scheduling a plane so we have good weather the rest of winter.;)

Keep on that schedule you'll get her. Been similar wx in my neck of the woods, low ceilings, mist, rain, etc.

Yep...same here. I don't have to schedule my plane, but damned if it's just been crappy a lot. I keep swearing to get my IPC done, but life keeps interjecting its problems.

I flew Friday just a couple hops and three planes were up all with 2k ceilings. About 30 min after landing, it completely went imc for the next three days. It opend up around three today, then started closing back down again. Lots of PoA browsing and Aircraft Spruce shopping.

I totally sympathize with you :)

I've scheduled our club Arrow 3 out of the last 4 Sundays to go to the Sunday brunch at Decatur (KDEC), and EVERY time the clouds/temperature were too low for me to go, despite what the forecasts have called for :mad2:

... the forecast switches from "sunny" to "monsoon."

Jeez, I'm feeling ready to start on my instrument ticket. And I've barely been a pilot for a month! :)

Where in Texas are you? I'll bet the guys in Mineral Wells would pay you handsomely to move out there and do nothing but try and schedule flights!

IFR ticket is key if you really want to fly. But even with it, I have had several trips where the weather still grounds us. Over the summer, we missed a family reunion instead of flying in hard, low IMC for 3 hours. Best to be smart and fly another day.

The best weather always comes through on work days though.

Back