Everglades

Loveair

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Loveair
anyone ever do a sightseeing flight over the Everglades. Any out of the ordinary restrictions?

I flew over it a few years back. I didn't even bother taking pictures. Stay at least 2000 AGL since most of it is a preserve/national park/etc....

Yeah not really much to see... Personally stay as high as you can :) Whenever I fly to Lauderdale IFR they bring you over the damn swamp :(

let me save you some time...............

take a glass of water
go outside and pour it on some dirt
throw in an alligator
then stare at that for 2 hours

homemade everglades.

LOL! I am experience in the vastness and boring aspect of the glades. I fly into Homestead X51. I am tomorrow. I have a friend who is a licensed charter captain in the Everglades. He wants me to fly him around so he can plot some new fishing areas. The western shoreline is beautiful.

Went over it once. I really didn't do as good a job of preflight planning as I should have, as it didn't dawn on me that if anything bad happened I'd likely never be seen again in the middle of that swamp. I'd love to tour it by air boat (provided they invent a better mosquito repellant) but flying, forget it. I should have gone around the damn thing.

Watch out for big asre antennas in the middle of nowhere if you are going low.

Back