Ever seen a UFO?

I was going to ATL a few months ago early in the morning and saw what closely resembled Beldar driving in a Ford Ranger. That's the closest thing I have seen to an alien.

I have two friends that served in the Navy, one in the 70s, one in the 90s and early 2000s. Both men have told me about some very strange sightings of both UFOs and USOs while out to sea. Neither of these men are the lying or embellishing type, and I trust them completely. One of my friends got visibly freaked out a little as he told his stories.

I have seen a UFO and reported it as such to ATC. Had a CFI and another pilot on board at the time and we all agreed the flying object was not identifiable.

The circumstances were that we were approaching FTG from the east. It was a busy day and all three of us were pointing out traffic. We noted an aircraft well above on a crossing route a mile or two in front of us. About that time ATC called the traffic above, noted it was in the Bravo and asked if we could identify it. We couldn't identify it and reported that to ATC.

Nobody got excited about the unidentified flying object report... :D

I never was able to "identify" the bogey that came within about 1000 feet while I was doing pattern work on 27 at KVLL about 4-5 years ago. It was during the afternoon, the object first appeared on my traffic display behind me and above (ADS-B, so it was evidently transponder-equipped), going the wrong way in the pattern just south of the downwind. I extended my upwind and didn't have visual contact with it until it had made a 180 and was heading east, and I had turned crosswind. By the time I had turned downwind it was descending, still headed east, and then made a sharp left turn to the north and disappeared behind the trees (and I was still at pattern altitude, so it must have been VERY low).

My guess at the time was that it was a drone, though back then drones were not as ubiquitous as today. I still don't have a better explanation. Someone suggested it was a bird, but I've never heard of a bird with a transponder. ;)

It was a mosquito that left Wisconsin. They're big enough here that they're all squawking. ;)

It just occurred to me that one disbenefit of a tin foil hat is that it makes you more visible to radar.

I was stationed at the RAF Bentwaters/Woodbridge twin base complex from the late '70s to mid '80s. In 1980 there was a well publicized UFO incident in the forest that separated the two bases. Google "Rendlesham Forest Incident" and you'll find lots of info on it.

My take: the pararescue guys were doing night jumps and exercises over/in/around that forest all the time. On a weekly basis we would see flares floating down, lights moving in the trees and all kinds of things happening that we could see in the distance but not clearly enough to say exactly what it was. All it took was one "authority figure" to start a good story in a local pub and off it went with a life all it's own. The truth is it was the pararescue guys, but there is no way in hell you can convince people that weren't there that that's all it was.

I was stationed at the RAF Bentwaters/Woodbridge twin base complex from the late '70s to mid '80s. In 1980 there was a well publicized UFO incident in the forest that separated the two bases. Google "Rendlesham Forest Incident" and you'll find lots of info on it.

My take: the pararescue guys were doing night jumps and exercises over/in/around that forest all the time. On a weekly basis we would see flares floating down, lights moving in the trees and all kinds of things happening that we could see in the distance but not clearly enough to say exactly what it was. All it took was one "authority figure" to start a good story in a local pub and off it went with a life all it's own. The truth is it was the pararescue guys, but there is no way in hell you can convince people that weren't there that that's all it was.

So in essence you're saying that your opinion is now substantiated fact. Got it (/sarcasm).

Last edited:
So in essence you're saying that your opinion is now substantiated fact. Got it (/sarcasm).
That is my opinion and what I believe to be fact. But it isn't worth it to try to sway someone when they are dead set on swallowing some theory about aliens in the woods.

That is my opinion and what I believe to be fact. But it isn't worth it to try to sway someone when they are dead set on swallowing some theory about aliens in the woods.

That's all I'm saying. And it's laudable for someone to actually HAVE an opinion, but it is not recommended to ascribe to yourself absolution of knowledge on a subject of which one speculates.

That's all I'm saying. And it's laudable for someone to actually HAVE an opinion, but it is not recommended to ascribe to yourself absolution of knowledge on a subject of which one speculates.

Hey.....

Ain't that how Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton stay in business?:idea::rolleyes:

Sort of. I was at an outdoor event on Clear Lake about 4 years ago. This is near NASA JSC and Ellington Field. This was at dusk, no moon out. Some type of aircraft flew overhead towards Ellington at probably 2000 feet altitude. I could make out it's silhouette so I know it had wings and a tail. It did not have position, strobe lights, nor a beacon but it did have a glowing green circle on the bottom. It was completely silent, no engine noise.

The people near me were freaked out. My guess is a UAV or some other military plane doing LIDAR. Not sure why they would be lights out though.

UFO,, Unidentified flying object?

I don't think Joey ever saw what hit him, she was pizzed. :)

Not very many people that speculate on the Rendlesham Forest incident were ever actually within viewing distance of the event. While I wasn't within touching distance on the date of the supposed incident, the data I received from my eyeballs was more than sufficient to correlate with the activities that I do have hands-on experience with to come up with a logical conclusion that should pass a reasonable person test.

The fact that UFO groupies steadfastly refuse to accept any explanation that doesn't include "creatures from beyond" would tend to indicate to me that many within the UFO community are not reasonable people.

I saw some round yellow objects flying over a tennis court.

No UFO's, but I have a friend who will tell you he heard, and smelled Bigfoot years ago in WA State.

Not very many people that speculate on the Rendlesham Forest incident were ever actually within viewing distance of the event. While I wasn't within touching distance on the date of the supposed incident, the data I received from my eyeballs was more than sufficient to correlate with the activities that I do have hands-on experience with to come up with a logical conclusion that should pass a reasonable person test.

The fact that UFO groupies steadfastly refuse to accept any explanation that doesn't include "creatures from beyond" would tend to indicate to me that many within the UFO community are not reasonable people.
Think about it, if UFOers believed any/all explanation they wouldn't be UFOers. The level of 'unidentified' is going to vary, but to believe you gotta believe, some stuff and not some other stuff. Mooo.:D

Understood.

No UFO's, but I have a friend who will tell you he heard, and smelled Bigfoot years ago in WA State.
This is the honest to God's truth...
http://roundtownufosociety.com/michaels_story.htm

and it's why I'm interested in UFOs and Bigfoot.

I know, I know... you're thinking the creature was a bear...
Just can't see it as a bear... large, near eight foot and wasn't shaped like a bear and it's arms were long and bears don't sound like this thing did.

I left a trail of Michael scat all the way back to the house.

My main hope here on POA is to learn about Military Operations Areas (MOA)s...
I need to learn about these types of aerial operations and what might go on to do my UFO investigations.
Around 90% of reported sightings are IFOs (Identified Flying Objects) and where I do most of my investigations are in an area in southern Ohio smack dab in the middle of Brush Creek and Buckeye MOAs and apparently things are live and kickin.
Can anyone help or does anyone know who I can contact?

05e629bb1f3b00c954171e7dcbb92040.jpg

I need to learn about these types of aerial operations and what might go on to do my UFO investigations.
Around 90% of reported sightings are IFOs (Identified Flying Objects) and where I do most of my investigations are in an area in southern Ohio smack dab in the middle of Brush Creek and Buckeye MOAs and apparently things are live and kickin.

Goto the local airport and get a ride through. See for yourself.

This case seems interesting http://www.ufocasebook.com/pdf/mufonstephenvilleradarreport.pdf

What do controllers make of the radar analysis?

All nuclear sites are monitored, launch will not be allowed to complete to delivery, UFOs will harvest the weapons and humanity, Earth will be reseeded trying to get a full production sentient species to develop on this planet. Just one of more than half a dozen extinction events that will culminate in the next 15 years.

MOAs are typically areas where a lot of training is going on, they are not likely to be an attraction to UFOs in and of themselves. You want to watch the Prohibited and Restricted areas. That's where stuff that is being monitored happens. Also, look at offshore islands with Warning areas. That is the only option of encumberence available there, and often times very interesting things are happening. There was some really interesting things flying in and out of San Nic in the Channel Islands off SoCal in the late 80s/early 90s I got a few glimpses of flying between Avalon and Santa Barbara.

I saw something once at night out over the Pacific on the way to Honolulu. Thought it was another aircraft coming at us, which is strange as the "tracks" to Honolulu are one way tracks. At least they were at the time. Anyways, I asked ATC about possible traffic at 12 O'clock. They said there wasn't anyone out there and asked if I wanted to report anything. I didn't other than letting them know that something was ahead of us. The light went from a bright white to a orange in color and the "object" that was creating it took off southbound faster than anything I've ever seen before. It was a streak of orange, like an exhaust trail or something. I actually awoke jumpseaters in the upper deck of the 747 to come see it.

I fly through MOAs all the time. I rarely ever see military in an MOA much less UFOs or anything interesting. However, follow Henning's advice and check what he says. He talks to God regularly. ;)

Back