Ever Check into Drone Flying?

On PBS /Nova last night was an outstanding show on Drones...

I just watched it again off the net using this link,,,,
get a beverage , some popcorn and enjoy the show..:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/military/rise-of-the-drones.html

Awesome! We talked about this documentary in class before it came on. I was disappointed that I wasn't going to be able to watch it (I don't watch much TV, don't even have mine hooked up).

I will definitely be checking this out tonight.

A young guy at the airport was telling me about the qualifications and opportunities for flying drones.

I did some research and it appears that the hours and quals vary, but the main requirement is an IR, usually along with 250 to 350 hours minimum. Some of them require a commercial.

Anyone know anything about this career?

I have a contact I can put you in touch with if you want. Flies drones for the U.S. Border Patrol Service.

It's all academic unless you are ready to enlist, at least for a while:

Not true.

Maybe they're freezing the hiring of DoD civilians (government employees), but defense contractors still have jobs to do and still hire/fire as they need.

Not true.

Maybe they're freezing the hiring of DoD civilians (government employees), but defense contractors still have jobs to do and still hire/fire as they need.

Exactly. DoD Civilian hiring freeze. Contractors will continue to function. Many or most army UAV instructors are contractors, pilots/operators are military.

Back