Events at Gaston's

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
So, we may record a Pilotcast, and I think Spike is going to do movie night again, but here's what I think we really need to have at Gaston's:

An armwrestling match...

EdFred vs. Anthony. :rofl:

Ohhhhhhhh. We don't get satellite TV anymore. I quit watching the news and reading newspapers. Maybe I need to get out more. I am so...not cool, but at least I have friends that keep me in touch with reality. Thanks. :)

You should introduce us to some of those friends some time...

Okay folks, we're not talking current events here. Wasn't Pinks (aka pink slips, title to vehicle) what they were racing for in Grease? :) :rofl:

For Ed and my pink frilly things of course! You should all know that by now. :D

BTW, Ed and I are buds. ;)

What's that got to do with the relative takeoff performance of a Cherokee vs. a Tiger?

Huh?

I submit events should include:

1. Longest Takeoff roll.
2. Longest distance to clear a 50 ft. obstacle.
3. Least cockpit protection when raining.
4. Best looking girlfriend.

OK?

I submit events should include:

1. Longest Takeoff roll.
2. Longest distance to clear a 50 ft. obstacle.
3. Least cockpit protection when raining.
4. Best looking girlfriend.

OK?
Well, I'll win 3 & 4, since I'm bringing a DA-40XL and I married my girlfriend. :goofy:
Of course, Leslie may nix the DA-40 for comfort reasons, so I'll only win 4.

Highest rate of speed while on the ground roll passing the scoring tent.

Oh wait, I'm not bringing the Pitts this year...

Ah, go ahead - you can do it in the Baron as well, Ken.

Okay folks, we're not talking current events here. Wasn't Pinks (aka pink slips, title to vehicle) what they were racing for in Grease? :) :rofl:

Also Rebel without a Cause. (I think so anyway?)

(you could have said that instead and saved yourself...)

You know, there's a group of Cessna's 150/152's and they have a fly in. One of the events they've done at their fly in, is who can do a carrier landing. Basically you're given a limited amount of space to land, and come to a full stop. I've never done it, but I heard it can be fun.

How about setting up a bullseye target and drop a small bag of flour on it. From the plane of course

Highest rate of speed while on the ground roll passing the scoring tent.

Oh wait, I'm not bringing the Pitts this year...

Ken, it turned out fine.

But you sure had *my* attention!

All that distance, to have a glass of iced tea and fly home.

How about setting up a bullseye target, and combining some other threads here, have a handgun/rifle/shotgun/machine gun shooting competition while on final? :)

Hey now, Low wings can't take part in that! :no: :p

Yes they can. The Flour Bombing Contest at the Annual AYA (Grumman type club) International Fly-in. All Grummans, AA1, AA5A, AA5B abd GA7's are low wing. Very easy to do, just pull the canopy back 10 inches or so, rest the bag of flour on the wing walk and release when necessary.

Hmm, how did you pull it off in the Cherokee? On the left seat all you have is this little window.

The passenger/bombadier cracks the door open and releases the bomb. Passenger/bombadier closes and latches door. Plane goes to guns instead of bombs.

If the flour bomb is smaller than the size of the window it works. Just make sure it doesn't catch on the way out....it make quite the mess. Oh yeah and one more caveat on flour bombing. If your bombardier wears glasses and you are chucking the flour bag out of a plane with windows (C152) make sure he holds on to his glasses when looking back to see there the bomb went.

A friend of mine lost his specs in that way....on the up side the glasses were closer to the target, and his aim improved subsequently :)

Pete

I may have to bring along a bombardier then.

Back