Even more building updates..

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
Since Don posted an update on his GORGEOUS project, I thought I'd throw some pics out from dad's RV-10. I haven't been able to do as much work on this one as the -7A, but I finally got to shed some blood for the cause this past weekend.

Got the bottom skin attached on one of the wings. He's waiting on some back ordered parts for the door latches and he'll be ready to finish up on the fiberglass canopy.

Attachments

• HPIM2407.JPG
    HPIM2407.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • HPIM2408.JPG
    HPIM2408.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • HPIM2409.JPG
    HPIM2409.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • HPIM2410.JPG
    HPIM2410.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • HPIM2411.JPG
    HPIM2411.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • HPIM2412.JPG
    HPIM2412.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Looking good, is that a QB Kit? Lots of fiberglass work on the 10.

Yep.. He did QB Fuse and Wings this time. We've had the 'joy' of riveting rows and rows on the wings and fuse of the -7A, so he decided to splurge on this one. ha. Worthwhile, too. It took us about 5hrs to do that one section of skin on the bottom of the wing. :hairraise:

The fiberglass isn't too bad, especially after having a steep learning curve with the -7A.

Excellent. I can tell that plane is going to be a fast one just from the fit so far.

What goodies are going in the panel or have ya'll decided yet?

Excellent. I can tell that plane is going to be a fast one just from the fit so far.

What goodies are going in the panel or have ya'll decided yet?

Haven't decided yet. More than likely a 430W and SL-30 for the 'meat'.

As for displays, either Grand Rapids or Advanced Systems. SteinAir in Minneapolis (one of the leading suppliers to RV guys) seems to be on an Advanced Systems kick lately. But GRT has the 'highway in the sky' that is pretty fancy and dad seems to like it a lot. Right now, he's trying to decide which company will be around to provide long-term support for their systems. With Honeywell financing Advanced in their R&D, it seems like they're sitting pretty stable. If they corner the market, it could be bye-bye GRT. OTOH, if Advanced goes all-certified, then we in the experimental market are S.O.L.

It all just depends on what kind of mood dad is in when it he HAS to place an order for the panel to continue the build (which is fast approaching).

Haven't decided yet. More than likely a 430W and SL-30 for the 'meat'.

As for displays, either Grand Rapids or Advanced Systems. SteinAir in Minneapolis (one of the leading suppliers to RV guys) seems to be on an Advanced Systems kick lately. But GRT has the 'highway in the sky' that is pretty fancy and dad seems to like it a lot. Right now, he's trying to decide which company will be around to provide long-term support for their systems. With Honeywell financing Advanced in their R&D, it seems like they're sitting pretty stable. If they corner the market, it could be bye-bye GRT. OTOH, if Advanced goes all-certified, then we in the experimental market are S.O.L.

It all just depends on what kind of mood dad is in when it he HAS to place an order for the panel to continue the build (which is fast approaching).

I really like the GRT stuff. I looked at the Advanced Systems units at Sun and Fun, really liked them as well, but they are a little pricey compared to the GRT unit. Ever seen this video?

http://www.rocket-boys.com/images/GRT_SAP_HITS.wmv

Back