Even in a small area, it took a long time to find this Dakota

How about some of the ones they found in NV recently while looking for Fossett.

~ Christopher

flying over Utah yesterday someone reported and elt to center whose reply was, "sadly that is a real one, going since Tuesday....they have been unable to get 'up' there to turn it off but they know the outcome already, its a Bonanza" :(

On the topic of SAR, someone showed me an FAA info sheet yesterday that suggests we don't have to buy the new ELTs if we don't want to for pt 91 (of course many will think this is a bad idea) so it will become voluntary, is that old incorrect info or not?

flying over Utah yesterday someone reported and elt to center whose reply was, "sadly that is a real one, going since Tuesday....they have been unable to get 'up' there to turn it off but they know the outcome already, its a Bonanza" :(

On the topic of SAR, someone showed me an FAA info sheet yesterday that suggests we don't have to buy the new ELTs if we don't want to for pt 91 (of course many will think this is a bad idea) so it will become voluntary, is that old incorrect info or not?

The FAA requirements are minimal and antiquated as usual.
In addition to those, we'll be flying with a pocket unit that gives ones exact position at all times.

There was a case out in Idaho where a plane crashed back in the 40s. The one passenger was running for an office in Idaho. He won the vote but they didn't find that aircraft until the late 80s or early 90s as I recall. a hunter found it in a steep place and it had buried itself under some heavy brush in the bottom of a draw. I tried to find an article on it but I can't seem to find one. Bob

How could anyone love crashing an aircraft ?
I hope that I will still be flying when I am 78. Instead, I will probably be sitting on the computer making witty replies.:blueplane:
ApacheBob

I hope that I will still be flying when I am 78. Instead, I will probably be sitting on the computer making witty replies.:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Hopefully me too.

The bodies of pilot Tom Maxwell, 78, of Black Diamond, and his dog were found dead near Pierce County's Thun Field

OMG! I just couldn't pass this one up. I hope they would find the bodies dead... if they weren't dead they wouldn't be bodies would they? unless of course they were zombies.

ApacheBob

Roger that. A couple weeks ago I heard of a 99 year old man here in Wisconsin who died while shoveling snow. They said that he may have had a pre-exisiting medical condition. Really, you think???

Back