Evel Knievel Dead!

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/30/obit.knievel/index.html

I still remember watching the Snake River Canyon jump and the seeing the Ceaser's Palace crash on the news. He provide lots of entertainment for me when I was growing up and he was responsible for my interest in motorcycles. Never thought he would get to old age, kudos to him!

I'd heard his name mentioned on the news but missed the story. Man, the icons of my youth keep passing on...

Rest well.

I recently saw an interview with him.
Talked about the constant pain from his accidents, and the emotional pain he has endured.
He is at peace now.

Mark B

I'm sorry-

I phrased that poorly. I was thinking of him the other day- wondering what became of him. I saw an Evel Knieval motorcycle toy in one of the in-flight catalogs on a commericial flight last weekend- that's what gpt him on my mind.

Evel rocked!! I thought he was indestructible. Did anyone watch the Snake River jump and NOT get extremely worried?!!!! That Caesar's jump was cool too, especially the wipeout.

Ahh, those were the days. Now it would be Arby's Presents Evel Knievel Jumps The Geico Snake River Canyon!

Yeah, never thought he'd die a natural death. I remember seeing him all the time on Wide World of Sports.

Better to have 69 years of Evel Knievel than 80+ years of Mr Whipple. I met Evel once in Vegas. He was pretty drunk, and I was kinda toasted too. We talked about old cars for a while. Nice enough guy, didn't get along with his son AT ALL. He's ridin' the big Harley now....

Sigh...........................................

The 70's seem like yesterday don't they!:hairraise:

Evel Knievel show on History channel as we speak

I have it on HDTV but the footage is so old, it's poor resolution.

i had never seen the snake river jump attempt before. amazing. there goes the crash at wembley (sp?)

Back