Evektor Review

This airplane uses motorcycle oil, NGK spark plugs, and 91 or better octane auto gas (ethanol permitted !). This has me mentally calculating the saved few dozen dollars ...
Heh, heh, heh...

Prop speed has to exceed 284 RPM to hand start. We won't be hand propping.
The Rotax is not much harder to prop than your Chief. The gear reduction gets the engine moving pretty quickly when you flip the prop. I've done it quite a few times. It is the engine speed that has to exceed a couple hundred - prop speed pf 90 RPM per the operating manual.

Last edited:
For some reason, the LSAs most used for flight schools are Evektor SportStar, Remos GX, and 162 (obviously, duh). N810EV was a school airplane for something like 5 years now.

The straight line usually goes a bit off left side of Denon, between two buttons.

It looks like Troy flew the same SportStar I did in early 2007 - N676EV -- also from Aviator at GPM. That plane later succumbed to an off-runway excursion that put it out of commission for awhile, but it was eventually repaired and, last I saw, is with an owner in Ohio.

Though I would later go on to earn my Sport Pilot ticket in a Gobosh (a plane I really enjoyed) I have to say my favorite LSA so far is the SportStar. It was just an absolute joy to fly.

The only major issue I know of is that pilots must be extremely careful when applying right rudder to not accidentally hit the passenger's left rudder pedal. As you can see in the photo, they are VERY close together. This was later mitigated on the SportStar Max and the (latest) Harmony models.

I love those Sportstar too... Almost bought a brand new one instead of my RV6!

If it weren't for the cost, I almost moved to a school which had these planes. They charge $125 per hour plus fuel surcharge but the fleet is very new and they have a 172 and a Tecnam Sierra to boot.

Back