Evacuating Burning Airplanes

luvflyin

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Luvflyin
Lot of posts lately about bozo passengers who have to get their "stuff" when evacuating. It happens in the cockpit also.

Ah yeah, it's not like there's 150 other people waiting to get out behind them.

Yeah. I thought about that. And while it looks pretty ugly from outside we dont know how bad it really was inside, but it sure looks grim. Think if I was the gonna be the last guy out I mighta been a little antsy about the time taken to get the "stuff" out.

How many people were on that flight?? I assumed FedEx would be just the required crew members! If I was the last one in line, I'd have been pi$$ed!!

I counted 6-7. Crew 2-3 (if FE required) plus IPs and/or JS occupants I'm guessing.

Well aren't you full of yourse...I mean full of knowledge. More than one or two that's for sure, depending on the operator.

I thought cargo planes have a few passenger seats for employees, staff, girlfriends, etc.

Hmm. In my world, privy is another word for outhouse. And we all know what that is full of.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

In your world...well, that explains a lot. You must fly 767F?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

For those that don't know, The 767F outhouse/door is in the cockpit and if the nearest jumpseat is occupied, they have to get up to allow the door to be opened.

Last edited:
I was watching an episode of Air Crash Investigation where a plane caught fire after parking in the ramp and shutting down.

And the pilots and FA's kept the poeple in their seats until they finished their checklists while there is smoke and flames visible outside around one engine/wing and then the other.

F that, they would need a big NFL lineman to block me from exiting that plane as soon as the smoke and flames became obvious.

And if there was anybody blocking or slowing me down because he was recording or using his cell phone, he'd be wearing it from the inside out.

Wish they would make overhead bins locking in the event of an emergency so idiots would not be blocking the aisles with their bags during egress.

MD-10, right? ;)

It's variable, depending on the particular aircraft configuration.

MD-11s, and I think they were prior Delta birds. Anyway, by your answer you don't know but imply that you do. Got it. :rolleyes:

NOTHING in that plane is worth breathing that poison for longer than it takes to GTFO
totally agreed with you, my life is much more worth than any stuff in there. I might stay in there for longer only in case to save somebody!!

Last edited:
MD-10, right? ;)

It's variable, depending on the particular aircraft configuration.
MD-10/MD-11... we use them interchangeably most of the time.

I was going to say, unless you have information on each MD-10/-11 tail, who knows how many jumpseats are on it. They're all different. Anywhere from 2 to 8. Usually we don't know until we get to the airplane. Unless it's a sleeper, then we know beforehand.

MD-10/MD-11... we use them interchangeably most of the time.

I was going to say, unless you have information on each MD-10/-11 tail, who knows how many jumpseats are on it. They're all different. Anywhere from 2 to 8. Usually we don't know until we get to the airplane. Unless it's a sleeper, then we know beforehand.
That is why I wrote; "variable".

Full of you know what. Why are you even trying to impress anyone, which isn't working btw. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have no need to impress.

And 2 to 8 is incorrect for FX.

Back