Error on Medical Cert.

Apache123

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Hey, Steve!
So at the end of my physical the Doc asked if the name and address were all spelled out correctly. Yep, they were. We shook hands and parted ways. After just getting home, I see that it has "Limitations: Must wear corrective lenses."

I'm 20/10 vision, it's always fun to hear "What's the smallest one you can read?" and then respond with, "Bottom one on the chart."

Is this a big issue and should I go trounce the doctor for an updated one, or is it just a thing that would ever really matter should I end up in an NTSB report?

Lesson to all for future -- do not accept and sign medical certificates until you've checked them for accuracy.

As to your situation now, you have a problem if you ever need to present your medical, which could happen on a practical test, renting a plane, or a ramp check, not just in event of an accident. Even though I wear contacts, they are visible to anyone who wants to look. And telling the person who asks, "No problem -- I can see fine, let me read that little sign in the distance," doesn't cut the legal mustard. So yes, go back and get it fixed ASAP.

And before you read the AME the riot act, remember that you read and signed it before leaving the office.

Go have it corrected. I had exactly the same issue once but I caught it before he left. The bastard even gave me grief about it and made me retake the test even though he had written down on the paperwork the results that would merit issuance without the restriction. These were back in the days of the hand typed certificates and he just crossed it out and initialed it which didn't make me happy either.

This was the same jerk who made derogatory comments about my wife to his nurse when she got her first medical.

Part of the eyesight test is reading your certificate before you sign it. You simply failed.:rolleyes2:

José

Go have it corrected. I had exactly the same issue once but I caught it before he left. The bastard even gave me grief about it and made me retake the test even though he had written down on the paperwork the results that would merit issuance without the restriction. These were back in the days of the hand typed certificates and he just crossed it out and initialed it which didn't make me happy either.
That wouldn't make the FAA happy, either.

Back