Error In MedXPress

Discussion in 'Medical Topics' started by Viperstorm, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Viperstorm

Viperstorm Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    Viperstorm
    Hello Everyone,

So I recently filled out a MedxPress form for a medical that I'm about to get. After completing (submitting online) and making an appointment (Given the confirmation number) I realized that the form didn't save an answer that I switched under medical history. As of right now, it's listed as "no" but should say "yes". I guess I'm stuck on what I should do. Am I able to tell the AME about the mistake and he can change it during the exam or is it too late? Any other recommendation would be greatly appreciated!

TCABM likes this.
  2. Kenny Phillips

Kenny Phillips Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    Kenny Phillips
    Yes, the AME can fix it, and you should definitely request them to do so. There is no other recommendation (except "go BasicMed".)

Viperstorm likes this.
  3. Clip4

Clip4 En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Cli4ord
    You cant do new application?

4. mryan75

mryan75 Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    mryan75
    I think you can wait 60 days, and if the exam isn't performed the. The application gets automatically expunged. Then you can start over.

5. Matthew

Matthew Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Matthew
    Wait 60 days or start anew app under a different email at any time.

6. Viperstorm

Display Name:

Display name:
    Viperstorm
    As you stated Matthew, I was thinking about making a new application under a different email but I already gave the AMEs office my confirmation code. I'd have to call back and tell them the new confirmation code but wouldn't that raise red flags for them? If the AME is able to change it during the consultation I would rather do that if it won't hinder anything. The unsaved error that was made under medical history isn't anything that would be disqualifying.

I appreciate all the help so far!

Palmpilot likes this.
  7. azure

azure Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    azure
    I agree, your best option is just to mention the error to the AME and ask him to fix it. If it would not be disqualifying then it is no big deal anyway, but it is best to avoid unnecessary "requests for further information" from FAA, and be completely forthcoming about everything on the application.

Viperstorm likes this.
  8. Matthew

Matthew Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Matthew

I don't think it's a problem at all, unless they entered the code into the system already. Once they enter the code it's "live" and the medical has to proceed. You'll have to call and ask - if they entered it, then you are stuck with what you've put in. Tell the AME there's a mistake on an item and it will have to be changed, you won't be the first one that's happened to. If they have not entered it, tell them you filled out a new one because of a typo and request they delete, erase, shred, destroy, or otherwise get the previous code out of their records.

Viperstorm likes this.
  9. lbfjrmd

lbfjrmd Pre-takeoff checklist

Display Name:

Display name:
    FAA HIMS/AME/ATC flight doc
    chill ... the AME can correct anything!

Viperstorm and TCABM like this.
  10. Viperstorm

Display Name:

Display name:
    Viperstorm
    This is my first medical and I want everything to go smooth. Thank you all for your time and help!