Ercoupe :)

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
as many of you know, I started flying the Ercoupe at my club over in Cedar Rapids, www.greencastle-aeroclub.com last year. Tons of fun and I loved it. A student of mine (who lurks here) is facing trouble renewing his medical and instead of going through the hassle of it all, bought a beautiful ercoupe up in MN. We go to get it on Thursday. I can't wait! Its a great C model with low time and rudder pedals. Will be sure to post pictures!

Attachments

• scaled_f525_800x600_164582-100_0245.jpg
    scaled_f525_800x600_164582-100_0245.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 39
Nice Plane! Give your student a congrats Tony. Just curious however. Why did he/she decided to buy one with the Rudder peddal conversion?

Nice Plane! Give your student a congrats Tony. Just curious however. Why did he/she decided to buy one with the Rudder peddal conversion?

he bought it because it was available. rudders or not is not a big deal to him. the price was right and the timing was perfect. from what i hear the rudders are pretty much useless anyway. i wonder how hard it is to unmodify it and return it to original.

Several grey eagles I know are going to Ercoupes rather than renewing their medicals. The market price will inevitably increase for these "Twin Tailed Tigers".

Several grey eagles I know are going to Ercoupes rather than renewing their medicals. The market price will inevitably increase for these "Twin Tailed Tigers".
That began happening not long after the LSA rules were put in force. I was seeing increases as much as 25% in those I spotted.

I flew the Ercoupe that was based at Rapid Air in Grand Rapids 14 years ago. It was a blast!
There was a puffy cumulus build up that we leisurely circumvented. I had my arm on the window sill. It felt like a ride in a flying car or like a powered balloon. The wind was whipping by. The top was down.
What a hoot!:blueplane:
ApacheBob

We go to get it on Thursday. I can't wait!

And I suppose you need me to fly you up there to get it, too. *sigh* Ohhhkay... I GUESS I can help you out.. The sacrifices I must make.. ;)

And I suppose you need me to fly you up there to get it, too. *sigh* Ohhhkay... I GUESS I can help you out.. The sacrifices I must make.. ;)

unless you are paying for it, we plan to drive up then fly back.

You better hope that wasn't the one Kate was about to get for doing LSA training in... She might just come after it! :eek:

You better hope that wasn't the one Kate was about to get for doing LSA training in... She might just come after it! :eek:

heh well I doubt it. This one was on Barnstormers for about 12 hrs before my student got it.

Hey Tony,

It IS a small world.

Recall that I ferried one from Wisconsin to Montana last summer and thought it was a fun plane. Now my school has its eye on one too. At first glance I thought it was the same one you were talking about, but it's not. (Whew...) We've got a few more days to decide what to do.

I have the big ol' Ercoupe smile on my face just thinking about it, but I'm not sure if it's going to happen yet. :fcross:

and the weatherman hates me. 1500 OVC this afternoon. Student will go get the airplane tomorrow. I got class :( Ill just have to wait for him to get it here before I get to fly it.

Back