Ercoupe project

We recently had a farm auction in our area that had a real nice Ercoupe up for bid. It only had 200 hours on a 85 continental, fresh fabric on the wings, decent interior,& very little for radios. It got up to a $14,250.00 bid & no others bidders. After the auction the bidder backed out. That is something you're never supposed to do but now days many people have no integrity.

I wouldn't get too many dollars wrapped up in one. I think they are rather hard to sell. I have some Ercoupe time & find it quite nice to fly but quirky.

Oh by the way, I believe that Ercoupe is still listed in trade-a-plane.

Considering that the engine is the most valuable part of an Ercoupe, and that collection of parts doesn't include one, and that a flyable Ercoupe can be had for less than $20,000, what that guy has in Villa Rica isn't worth what he's asking.

If I had room in the back corner of my hangar, an extra $500, and the dozens of hours it would require to inventory and promote what few parts that might be serviceable, I'd snap that pile of corroded aluminum up in a heartbeat. But I don't.

Price is high but if you are (specifically) looking for an Ercoupe project and the price is very negotiable...

Back