equipment

DaytonaLynn

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
One who misses Daytona!
Anyone use any of the external anti collision devices like Zaon? Review?
How about C/O2 sensors in the cockpit?
thanks

I have had a XAON XRX for about two years now. Works pretty well.

I have both a Zaon XRX and a CO Detector.

The Zaon is another set of eyes, and worth it to me. It has alerted me to some that I didn't see, and I've seen some that it didn't see.

The CO Detector (Aeromedix) gives me piece of mind and is worth the $175 asking price.

I can do without the Zaon if forced to, and if I lived in an ADS-B area, I'd probably sell the Zaon and gear up for ADS-B instead, but every airplane with an engine that I own from here out will have a CO Detector in it, and it will be a good one.

Last edited:
We just put the Zaon XRX in our club plane about 6 weeks ago. I've found it to be useful. It's picked up quite a few planes that I probably wouldn't have seen. And having the distance/direction/relative elev is a big help in finding them faster.

It's certainly not a replacement for eyes outside, but it's definitely a bonus to have. Money well spent in my opinion.

Nothing replaces eyes outside and even they aren't fool-proof. And even TCAS-II in the jets doesn't see all of the traffic.

We just put the Zaon XRX in our club plane about 6 weeks ago. I've found it to be useful. It's picked up quite a few planes that I probably wouldn't have seen. And having the distance/direction/relative elev is a big help in finding them faster.

It's certainly not a replacement for eyes outside, but it's definitely a bonus to have. Money well spent in my opinion.

We've had a Zaon XRX for two or three years. For the past year, every flight hour is good for a couple false alerts.

Back