Epic Selfie or total dumbazz?

I've seen that done in two seat gliders and thought it cool. If the motor can handle eating the camera and the copilot can fly it single pilot without issue then cool. If not, meh, does he own it? If so cool, if not well that's different.

That just looks like the picture didn't come out right.

what kind of jackwad does this? same kind of jackwad that puts loud music on a webpage with auto play and no volume control ... dang it - now everyone in the office is prairie doggin' up to see what the heck the doofus over here is doing.

I was waiting for him to loose it into that engine, oh well

I was waiting for him to loose it into that engine, oh well

Except you'd never see it. "Sorry about the engine, boss, must have been some FOD or bird or something"

Edit: I don't *think* a Go-Pro would survive a trip thru an engine, but hey, who knows?

what kind of jackwad does this? same kind of jackwad that puts loud music on a webpage with auto play and no volume control ... dang it - now everyone in the office is prairie doggin' up to see what the heck the doofus over here is doing.

The same jackwad that makes this thing spiral into a school full of kids and gives flying one more black eye .., Sorry about the music lol!!!

I guess he figured if it FOD'ed the engine he could claim it was from a drone strike.

Future Darwin Award winner.

Interesting that this story was on the news tonight:

FAA bans pilot selfies

I'm curious to hear the opinion of you professional pilots as to the accuracy of this report.

Years ago a company I worked had FOD damage to left engine on a Citation. They suspected that one of the pilots left the key in the nose luggage compartment. I'd hate to see what a phone would do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A friend just overhauled his Citation engines....about $735K each without FOD damage. I suspect a GoPro and selfie stick would up that figure.

I don't think a GoPro would fit between the inlet guide vanes, would it? Maybe if it hit just right...but I kind of doubt it.

Even if he did drop it at idle on the ramp I don't believe the JT15 has enough airflow to pull a gopro that far. Just saying he might just look like an idiot climbing out the door to retrieve his camera from the ramp.

I don't think a GoPro would fit between the inlet guide vanes, would it? Maybe if it hit just right...but I kind of doubt it.
They don't have Inlet guide vanes.

If the motor can handle eating the camera and the copilot can fly it single pilot without issue then cool. If not, meh, does he own it? If so cool, if not well that's different.

That's an... interesting... and rather cavalier tone, given you're basically talking about the difference between a safe flight and a smoldering crater.

That's an... interesting... and rather cavalier tone, given you're basically talking about the difference between a safe flight and a smoldering crater.
What is the acceptable risk to your life and airplane? And mine? Do I get to set your risk level?

BFD. The guy stuck his hand out the window.

SAM_1075.JPG

I'm going with epic selfie.

I don't see a problem, I thought it was cool, and I wish I'd thought of it first.

Better work on your prostrates for the first NTSB report that blames it on wizzing in a bottle ... :rolleyes:

You know, if an NTSB report blames me for anything and it's rank speculation as is almost always the case where there's no CDR or FDR, and I'm not alive to give my side of the story, I could really care less. Well I guess I actually couldn't because I'd be dead.

You know, if an NTSB report blames me for anything and it's rank speculation as is almost always the case where there's no CDR or FDR, and I'm not alive to give my side of the story, I could really care less. Well I guess I actually couldn't because I'd be dead.
It's not rank speculation if the camera survives.

Is that Citation certified for single pilot?

If not that dude is a total dumbazz because he sure isn't serving as a required crew member in that capacity.

It's not rank speculation if the camera survives.

If not that dude is a total dumbazz because he sure isn't serving as a required crew member in that capacity.

Then the real question is, can he log it?

I'm going with epic selfie.

I don't see a problem, I thought it was cool, and I wish I'd thought of it first.

Well...Fearless beat me to my first thought when I read your post...

BTW...the photos have been taken down. Likely because Mr. Dork Bars clued in to the fact that he was pulling a Tony Air.

I'm with Fearless and my vote is complete Dumbazz. Many in the YouTube/Facebook generation leap (online) before they look and do a wonderful job of incriminating themselves.

Back