EPI Inc.

TreeTopFlyer83

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TreeTopFlyer83
Any of you guys familiar with the new lightweight engine they just started endurance testing on a few months back? They’re talking it up but I’m unfamiliar with the company. Any info is greatly appreciated folks.

I've been following the development program for a while. Early photos of the prototype running on a test stand clearly showed John Torode, founder of Dynon, observing the testing. Torode also founded Vashon Aircraft, and the Vashon Ranger R7 LSA is Continental O-200-D powered. This has led to speculation that EPI's client is Vashon since the 4 cylinder O-200-D replacement EPI is developing is significantly lighter and more powerful - not to mention less expensive - than the O-200-D.

My interest is that my experimental Zodiac is O-200-A powered and a lighter engine would be really nice.

Modern Air-cooled 4-Cylinder Aircraft Engine Using Contemporary Engine Technology|EPI Inc.

Last edited:
That little Cessna 150 with the runout engine is looking pretty good right now... :D

If I’m not mistaken, I believe some of the CubCrafters airplanes are using the Eci CC340.

Back