Envoy captain stricken after takeoff and passes

In our dreams!

Or is it nightmares? :eek2:

“do we have any private pilots on board? Please report to the cockpit”

In our dreams!

Or is it nightmares? :eek2:

That has happened, exactly once, since I got into this crazy flying business 20 years ago. I think the guy was private and instrument rated with about 250 hours.

IIRC there was a military pilot who got called to the flight deck to assist in the last few years too.

what's the official justification for allowing single pilot commercial operations in non-121? Is it a simple transactional "Number of souls" calculus?

what's the official justification for allowing single pilot commercial operations in non-121? Is it a simple transactional "Number of souls" calculus?

Pretty much. Both airman and air carrier certificate levels are that way, with an increased standard of care with the more people you can kill. 121 > 135 > 91K > 91 sightseeing > 91 private, and ATP > Commercial > Private > Sport/Recreational.

135, for example, can be single pilot for cargo or empty legs only, with two pilots required for passenger flights UNLESS you have the opspec that allows a three-axis autopilot in lieu of an SIC, which itself comes with some requirements.
91, you can go single pilot all day long unless the aircraft requires two.

Oh, let me answer my own question…

The way every good German Officer does, with the book of instruction!

Ok, who knows this reference?
I got it. Best part of the movie.

Back