Envoy Cadet Program

Toris1968

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Toris1968
Just doing some research before selecting my flight school. I am wondering if I start my training at a non Envoy Cadet program affiliate can I still apply? If I were to be picked up would I then have to instruct at one of their affiliates once my CFI is complete?

I am wondering if I start my training at a non Envoy Cadet program affiliate can I still apply?
Yes. Where you receive your training is completely irrelevant to an airline career.

Minims and a pulse you'll get into a regional.

Get your training done as inexpensively as possible, bonus points if you join a flight club and find a experienced freelance CFI, or start and build your initial chunk of time in gliders (http://www.ssa.org/WhereToFlyMap.asp), or Tailwheel.

Last edited:
Don't do anything that obligates you to fly for them or any regional. Things change too fast be locked into one airline.

Don't do anything that obligates you to fly for them or any regional. Things change too fast be locked into one airline.

^^^ This X 1000 = That ^^^^

the ONLY cadet type program that should ever be considered is if you found one that gave you a seniority number i.e. Trans States has a Reserve Your Seniority program - I don't have any idea if its worth a darn but point being, no seniority = no commitment (unless they agree to pay for your training that might be worth it...)

Back