Entertainment at KAPA (stuck mic)

GauzeGuy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
GauzeGuy
I finished off my night requirements this evening, just had 4 landings to finish up.

When I was about midfield downwind for 17R, a Learjet had some stuck mic issues. I was flying with my CFI and another pilot in the back. We were laughing so hard I'm surprised I was able to land. Listening to tower frequency, the controller and other pilots were in the same boat. :rofl:

Got the LiveAtc mp3. Its attached, but may be NSFW: has a few f-bombs.

Attachments

• KAPA WTF is going on Learjet 838TH.mp3
    1.1 MB · Views: 392
I heard a good one the other day at ADS tower... A 182 stuck... With a big redneck accent... "see if u wanna go this way, go like this. Wanna go this way do this... Its that easy". They talked for 3 minutes with a stuck mike... The guys accent ans enthusiasm for instructing this nonpilot was hialrious! Tower did not find it as amusing as i did.

LOL. Is that from the KAPA-TWR feed or the other one with the Approach freq?

KAPA-TWR is fed from my house. I keep meaning to rebuild it into a smaller PC but here it is, whopping Pentium III power and all...

8a6ege3u.jpg

It lives in one of the spare upstairs bedrooms that has all of Karen's Mickey Mouse stuff in it, which makes this poster behind it pretty cool...

eqy5y7ej.jpg

Oh I have done that when I was a new pilot going into a towered field. I was soo embarrassed after I said a lot of things you shouldn't say on the radio. That was years ago and every time I key the mic up I look for the "TX" to go away every time. That will NEVER happen to me again. :yikes::no::redface:

LOL. Is that from the KAPA-TWR feed or the other one with the Approach freq?

It is the one with Approach -- that was a lot clearer, I wasn't able to catch quite a bit of it from your feed.

You should listen to the stuck-mike conversations of firefighters. Most would not be rated for family listening. We have a beer fund that you must put $5 in for every minute your mike is open. Everyone heard must pay up. When we get enough money, we go out for some beer. We have all paid up.

My own embarrassing situation was at FL230 and the mic wasn't stuck, but I didn't realize the switch went both toward and away from me... ;)

Reminds me of the joke (I think goodwill hunting?) about coffee, a flight attendant, and well..if you know the rest, its pretty good.

I can remember a few stuck mic chuckles over the years.

Back