"enhanced" pat-down?

Pi1otguy

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Fox McCloud
http://www.chicagotribune.com/travel/la-fi-travel-briefcase-20100830,0,590981.story
If you object to getting screened at the airports by the new full-body scanners that can peer through clothes, you can choose to subject yourself to a full-body pat-down search.
Under the older procedure, TSA officials pat down passengers to identify hidden weapons or explosives, using the backs of their hands to search sensitive areas of the body. But under the new procedure, Ott said, TSA screeners feel and prod passengers with their palms and fingers.

"They really go for it," he said.

So my choice is now nude pics, a gov employee prodding you, or don't fly?
Is it any wonder why air travel is slow to recover?

Wear those quick tear basketball warm usp and a leopard print thong. When they ask to search you, just snap off the warm up, and watch their reaction.

You only get the body probe if you refuse to "voluntarily" go through the full body scanner...and only if the airport has a full body scanner.

The few people that will still fly commercial and the bad guys just need to choose the airports that don't have the scanners.

I wonder when enough people will remember that this is supposedly a democratic republic, and will pressure their elected representatives to put an end to this nonsense.

-Rich

I wonder when enough people will remember that this is supposedly a democratic republic, and will pressure their elected representatives to put an end to this nonsense.

-Rich
Evidence would seem to suggest that "never" would be the correct answer. :(

What happens if I dress in drag,

circle back and go through the line several times, giggle a lot, and tip them each time through?:blowingkisses:

Do ya think I would end up on some kind of list?
________
Vaporizers

Last edited:
anxiety.png

You only get the body probe if you refuse to "voluntarily" go through the full body scanner...and only if the airport has a full body scanner.

The few people that will still fly commercial and the bad guys just need to choose the airports that don't have the scanners.
Well, that, or just only carry things that won't show up on those scanners.

Or just put it in your carry-on. How would these body scanners help in ANY way if someone chose to hide a ceramic knife in their carry-on?

Useless. Courtesy of your $1B tax dollars

Well, that, or just only carry things that won't show up on those scanners.

Or just put it in your carry-on. How would these body scanners help in ANY way if someone chose to hide a ceramic knife in their carry-on?

Useless. Courtesy of your $1B tax dollars

The TSA drones at LIH were insisting that you remove EVERYTHING from your pockets. They didn't even want a piece of paper. I was already configured for the normal metal detector drill, so I had to stop, remove my belt (which never trips a metal detector) and other items such as my comb. My opinion of TSA wouldn't put this in SZ, it would get this post deleted and me some nasty words from the moderators.

-Rich

The elected representatives don't have a vested interest in putting an end to the increasing police state that we live in. :-/

While I may object to the pretend security on principle, I don't care if some random person sees a scan of me naked. Honestly, I don't really don't get why anyone cares so much more about the scans than they do about any of the other nonsense.

As for the pat down - if we're going to have them, I'd rather one that could actually find something than some neutered procedure that would let all kinds of things slip by. I've had the old style pat down and I wasn't impressed by its thoroughness. Either do security or don't. Making concessions to security to be politically correct gives all the hassle with none of the protection.

The elected representatives don't have a vested interest in putting an end to the increasing police state that we live in. :-/

They know full well that any pol who touches any hint of a limit to what these goons want will hear "The TSA would have caught him if not for your meddling" on the next undie bomber that they, of course would never had caught short of a full strip search - even then, because they had a policy not to touch his underwear.

And people wonder why I call it "Federally Mandated Sexual Assault"....

Wear those quick tear basketball warm usp and a leopard print thong. When they ask to search you, just snap off the warm up, and watch their reaction.
I'm gonna' show up naked. Then sure for discrimination. Yeah, it'll be news at 11.

The TSA drones at LIH were insisting that you remove EVERYTHING from your pockets. They didn't even want a piece of paper. I was already configured for the normal metal detector drill, so I had to stop, remove my belt (which never trips a metal detector) and other items such as my comb. My opinion of TSA wouldn't put this in SZ, it would get this post deleted and me some nasty words from the moderators.
Yeah, for some reason the TSA idiots in Hawaii are pretty bad. Though I don't understand why I would remove everything if I was trying to hide something....just because they asked me to? Huh?

Almost comical!

Yeah, for some reason the TSA idiots in Hawaii are pretty bad. Though I don't understand why I would remove everything if I was trying to hide something....just because they asked me to? Huh?

Almost comical!
I asked that very thing of the lady at RDU and she only responded with a deer in the headlights stare as she called her supe over. At least the dude at DEN simply shrugged and realized I could be a hassle to his work-a-day routine as he let me pass with no further interrogation.

bomb, Al Queda, airlines, buildings, hijack, TSA, idiots, airports, 3 ounces, Islam

Though I don't understand why I would remove everything if I was trying to hide something....just because they asked me to? Huh?
I asked that very thing of the lady at RDU and she only responded with a deer in the headlights stare as she called her supe over. At least the dude at DEN simply shrugged and realized I could be a hassle to his work-a-day routine as he let me pass with no further interrogation.

Careful, asking questions is a quick way to get singled out as a threat. So is pointing out the absurdity of the system. I saw a group of people laughing at the TSA people doing searches within the terminal. The person doing the searches gave them a dirty look and a few minutes later every person in that group was "randomly" selected for extra screening. Watching them waste their search time on petty vengeance did not make me feel any more secure nor convince me that they were worth having around.

bomb, Al Queda, airlines, buildings, hijack, TSA, idiots, airports, 3 ounces, Islam

You forgot: shoes, underwear, lighters, terrorism, Gatorade, jihad
And if you really want to freak them out: combs

Now we can have Jesse play "Spot the NSA IP address."

They know full well that any pol who touches any hint of a limit to what these goons want will hear "The TSA would have caught him if not for your meddling" on the next undie bomber that they, of course would never had caught short of a full strip search - even then, because they had a policy not to touch his underwear.

I just love their reasoning. It's classicaly unfalsifiable, just like saying "the first sign you're an alcoholic, is denial".

The first sign that someone is lying is when they say something that can't be disproven.

-Rich

Even though, on this forum, the consensus seems to not favor either the full body scanners, nor the "option" of an aggressive pat down, on other forums, not so much.

This same subject was raised on a picture framers forum I'm a member of. At least half the respondents favor the heightened security measures. What a bunch of sheep. :crazy:

John

John, think of it as your opportunity to spread the word. By nature, sheep are in need of a leader. However, by nature of being human, the 'sheeple' will sometimes confront and countermand the leader. Your mission, if you choose to accept it. Otherwise, bleat on.

This afternoon I am at the airport waiting to depart on the metal tube. Because my ride to the aprt was early and because there are no lockers to secure my gear, I'm stuck lugging my stuff while I wile away the hours at the bar, etc. And yeah, even the resaurant staff are eyeballing me because I dared walk >20 feet away from my bags.

TSA can kiss my ass. My waiter and the hostess now are informed of that. Make them apostles too.

Careful, asking questions is a quick way to get singled out as a threat. So is pointing out the absurdity of the system.
No question about that. But refusing to answer questions is a good way, too. The other day, the TSA guys at ORD noticed that I hadn't taken out my bottle of contact lens solution, so they tested it and then asked me where I was going. When I responded with "that's none of your business", they also decided to search my bag, which took a boring 10 minutes. Which was fine, since I was way early and needed to waste time anyways, so I thanked them for helping me by wasting some of their own time :p

Back