Engine rebuild with Millenium cylinders

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
Lycoming O-320-E2D coming off a 172M for overhaul. How are the Millenium cylinders in comparison with Lycoming cylinders other than a price difference? I notice they seem to be used pretty often now.

Lycoming O-320-E2D coming off a 172M for overhaul. How are the Millenium cylinders in comparison with Lycoming cylinders other than a price difference? I notice they seem to be used pretty often now.

I would use them....:yes::yes:

I used Millenium cylinders on our O-540 rebuild in 2002.

When I sold the plane in 2013, some 1300 hours later, all compressions were 75 or higher.

Color me happy. :)

I have Millenniums. I chose them, I bought them. They've been good. The Cub I built and sold had an 0-320 that I built with nickel Titans. Honestly? I'd do the nickels again unless I knew the engine would run several times a week, and my engines don't do that any more. Some folks prefer factory cylinders. My own mechanic prefers Lycon overhauled cylinders. Lots of choices. Pick what works best for you.

Last edited:
I have Millenniums. I chose them, I bought them. They've been good. The Cub I built and sold had an 0-320 that I built with nickel Titans. Honestly? I'd do the nickels again unless I knew the engine would run several times a week, and my engines don't do that any more. Some folks prefer factory cylinders. My own mechanic prefers Lycon overhauled cylinders. Lots of choices. Pick what works best for you.

Nice thing about nickels is no rust.

Back