Engine Mount cross reference

arkvet

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Brent
I am replacing engine mounts on my PA32-301. I have one of the few models that requires 2 different mounts. 2 + 2.

I decided on Barry mounts rather than Lord due to the pretty significant price delta. The current mounts are VERY bad so I knew either brand was going to be a significant improvement. Unless it was not logged I believe these mounts are original from the last MOH (2100 hours ago).

I used the Barry Chart to determine which two mounts I needed.

The Lord Mounts are part #'s J-9613-19 and J-9613-12

The Barry Lord Mounts are part #'s 94011-02 and 94011-03

For the life me I can't find any solid reference telling me which are top and which are bottom. My maintenance manual references the Lord Mounts (OEM) but even the illustration there isn't really clear.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a PA-28 so I don't know if Piper used the same trick for yours. One part number goes to the top right and bottom left, the other goes top left and bottom right. I had to order mounts 3 times to get it right. I don't know what Piper was thinking on this one. Good luck.

Interesting! Honestly have no clue and it was an assumption on my part that the top and bottom were what were different.

Ended up finding a diagram that answered the question.

Good. Very frustrating to try and find parts that have been superseded and the Lord And Barry charts aren't correct for your particular aircraft.

Back