Engine is on it's way!

BillG

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bill Greenberg
Engine is on its way!

Recap: I bought a 1979 Grumman Tiger in March and swallowed a valve bringing it home from Dayton, OH to Massachusetts on Easter Sunday. I ended up in Candanaigua, NY (D38), bit the bullet and had the engine shipped off to an overhauler (this original engine had 1900 hours on it anyway - I knew it would probably need to be overhauled soon but I figured I'd at least get it home first!)

I just heard from my engine overhauler - my engine is finished, packed up, and waiting for the truck to come get it! If all goes as planned the engine should be reinstalled (with a new Sensenich prop, too) and ready to go by late next week. Woohoo!:goofy: These new CermiNil cylinders sound like they're very easy to break in (Phillips 20W50 oil, 75% power - pretty much normal flight). Can't wait to get my plane. Finally.:dance:

Last edited:
Congrats!!! Follow those run-in instructions to a tee and you should be grinning from ear to ear in no time!

Man, seems like a round of engines this spring.

Yeah, I'd love to post a pic - I barely remember what it looks like! I knew the plane for a few hours before the cylindar croaked... Ah - hopefully will be a fun summer. :)

Back