Engine break in time before commencing commercial maneuvers

Archimago

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Archimago
I now have about 25 hours on a freshly overhauled O-320 with Millennium Cylinders. I've halted practicing the power off 180s and steep spirals as they are not conducive to ring seating.
It seems like the break in period happened quickly and I never experienced high oil consumption [in fact its already better than before the overhaul by a wide margin]

How soon can I safely resume these commercial maneuvers?

Can excessive practice of these maneuvers be detrimental to engines in general?

Before the overhaul, I would do a dozen power off 180s in a single session and now I am wondering if that was not good practice.
Thanks
Richard

I just had my 0-200 IRAN'd where the bearings, camshaft, lifters, hydrolic bodies, push rods/tubes, and one cylinder were replaced. I'm doing mineral oil for 25hrs. Straight cross countries at 65-75% bhp. No touch n goes or maneuvers. After 25 hours I'm switching back to Philips x/c 20w-50. I will then go back to CPL maneuvers. At 50 hours Ill change the oil again but add camguard.

Lots of opinions on break-in. Most consensus seems to say the majority of break-in happens early. By early I mean under 10 hours.

Again, advice varies a fair bit. Even my factory new IO-390 had some time with Lycoming, then a little time from the install shop, before my turn.

Back