Endorsement question - double checking facts

jaybee

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
jaybee
61-65e says no endorsement needed for FOI or BGI *written* test.

double checking before I send my friend over to testing center 30 miles away with no endorsement :D

edited to clarify I meant written.

Last edited:
Not needed, but a guy might as well get the AGI instead of BGI...

61-65e says no endorsement needed for FOI or BGI test.

double checking before I send my friend over to testing center 30 miles away with now endorsement :D

True. But endorsement related to FOI instruction is needed for checkride.

Not needed, but a guy might as well get the AGI instead of BGI...

You know I've heard that a lot. Not sure if that hold true for a Helicopter pilot though ? I doubt my buddy even has the first clue what a blue line is for....

Thanks all, I was like 99.9% sure but sometimes the crew at the testing centers... :dunno:

You know I've heard that a lot. Not sure if that hold true for a Helicopter pilot though ? I doubt my buddy even has the first clue what a blue line is for....

Thanks all, I was like 99.9% sure but sometimes the crew at the testing centers... :dunno:

AGI just ahs a couple helicopter, glider, and lighter than air questions. That is in the test bank itself.

If you want clarification on which you can count, look in the regulations -- there is no requirement for an endorsement to take any instructor knowledge test. I'd quote you chapter and verse, but the FAA RGL site seems to be down at the moment. However, if you look in 61.35, I think you'll find it says the endorsement is a prerequisite for the knowledge test if required by the regulation on that certificate/rating. When you go in subparts H, I, and K, you'll find there is no such requirement to take the written.

And, as Tony pointed out, if you look in Subpart H, you will see that while there is no FOI endorsement required to take the FOI knowledge test, there is a requirement for a FOI endorsement to take the flight instructor practical test.

Last edited:
Back