Endorsement for solo flight SES

Alaskafreshfish

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Waldo
Can anyone supply solo endorsement for private pilot solo in a sea plane when private pilot not yet rated?

AC 61-65E

"62. To act as PIC of an aircraft in solo operations when the pilot does not hold an
appropriate category/class rating: section 61.31(d)(3).
I certify that (First name, MI, Last name) has received the training as required by
section 61.31(d)(3) to serve as a PIC in a (category and class of aircraft). I have determined that he/she is prepared to serve as PIC in that (make and model of aircraft)."

Note, unless an expiration is listed such an endorsement does NOT expire.

An ASES-rated CFI can.
Actually, that's a CFI with an ASE rating on his/her CFI ticket and an ASES on his/her pilot certificate. There is no land/sea rating on CFI certificates, but per 61.195(b), s/he must hold the appropriate pilot seaplane rating to give training in a seaplane. Thus, a person with CFI-ASME ratings and pilot ASEL/ASES/AMEL ratings at the CP level or higher could give training in a SE seaplane but not a ME seaplane.

And Blackhawk has the right reference for the solo endorsement, which for a pilot who already has a PP or higher is based on 61.31, not the Student Pilot rules.

And Blackhawk has the right reference for the solo endorsement, which for a pilot who already has a PP or higher is based on 61.31, not the Student Pilot rules.
:yeahthat:
That's the same endorsement we use for rated Airplane pilots working towards a Glider rating.

Back