End of March ConUS Challenge Update

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I missed the end of Feb Update, so I'll give stats on that as well.

We had 2 pretty rough months. Both months actually produced less claims than the 2 week period when the challenge first started in October. Weather has been pretty nasty so its understandable, but I hope we all get out and claim a bunch of airports in April!!

Here's what we've got:

Total airports claimed in February: 81
Total airports claimed in March: 86
Airports claimed total: 1042

Top claimers in February:
Barb Miller: 13
C Edward Irvin, Dick Olsen, and N6955X: 8

Top claimers in March:
Barb Miller: 22
Mike Schneider: 9
C Edward Irvin: 7

Top claimers total:
Barb Miller: 192
Mike Schneider: 65
Scott F. Migaldi: 40

Total Class B airports Claimed to date:
16/33 (ATL, CLE, DAL, DEN, DFW, HOU, LAS, LGA, MCI, MSP, MSY, PHL, PHX, SAN, SFO, SLC)

Top Three States Claimed by % Total:
Delaware (90%)
Michigan (87.2%)
Maryland (62.2%)

Top Three States Claimed by number Total:
Michigan (192)
California (134)
Georgia (53)

States with no Claims: Just Vermont!! Almost got 'em all!

Lets go out and kick some butt in April! Lets get Vermont, lets get some more Bravos and lets claim every airport we go to!

If you have not joined up yet, please do, its easy! You don't have to plan special trips to claim airports, just take the claim photo when you go on your normal trips. Its easy and fun, and you're helping us get out and support general aviation when you use FBO services where available!

Map:
map.jpg

Last edited:
BTW, there is only ONE airport left to claim in Delaware. Would be cool if we could get a state 100% complete in April. Anyone wanna hit KILG soon? That would be awesome.

Great job!

Its amazing to think a quarter of the US public use airports have been claimed!

Darn it! I went out flying yesterday. Orignal plan was to go to Ocean City NJ or Atlantic City, NJ both unclaimed. Well I didn't have a current Washington Sectional and neither did the FBO, ok so some change of plans lets go up to the finger lakes... of all the airports in the fingerlakes I decided to land a Penn Yan... I just checked on it's status today. Already claimed.:( Guess I just write up a visit. Tho it was a great flight and a great place to visit.

Missa

Where is the link to the challenge again?

BTW, there is only ONE airport left to claim in Delaware. Would be cool if we could get a state 100% complete in April. Anyone wanna hit KILG soon? That would be awesome.

Well, Nick I was going to claim it today for you but I went to the airport and the plane was not finished it's annual. Maybe next weekend.

Bob

I claimed on on Friday night. Just haven't had time to upload it.

You were at KILG Friday night? Me too. Landed about 7 pm. Can't claim it for the CONUS challenge though since I departed from there.

Back