End of January ConUS Challenge Update

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Hey guys! Its time again for another update from the folks at the ConUS challenge.

First a bit of news: Temporarily, the custom claims section on the forums for the challenge has been locked down to help curb some of the massive amount of spam posts we've been getting. As soon as I find a way to stop the spam, I'll bring access back.

So - here we go. Great job guys, we had 126 claims last month, still less than when we first started, but a good number considering how many airports are covered in snow and ice this time of year!

Total claims (JAN): 126
Total claims (Total): 875
Expected claims (Total): 1593

Top claimers of January:
1) Peter Yee (15 Claims)
2) Bill Cloughley (12 Claims)
3) Barb Miller (10 Claims)
4) M. Deacon (9 Claims)
and a huge tie for 5th:
5) Christine Malcomson-Young, John Kaduk, Josh Sheilds, Richard Hamilton, Joseph Areeda, Frank Weissig (all with 5 claims).

Top claimers total:
1) Barb Miller (157 Claims)
2) Mike Schneider (56 Claims)
3) Peter Yee (38 Claims)
and a tie for 4th:
4) Bill Cloughley, Scott F. Migaldi (37 Claims)

Bravo Airports claimed: 13/33 (KATL, KCLE, KDAL, KDEN, KHOU, KLAS, KMCI, KMSP, KMSY, KPHL, KPHX, KSFO, KSLC)

State with most claims by number: Michigan, with 172 claims
State with most claims by percentage: Delaware, with 90%

Big thanks to everyone who participated. A big "Please!!" to everyone who has not participated. It is a lot of fun, and I think you will all enjoy helping out the challenge. If you don't want to make a special trip, no need, just claim those airports that you're going to anyways! Its easy. Forget a piece of paper? That's fine, check this one out (it was approved):
850_small.jpg

Well it is winter but we're only 1/2 of what we need if we're going to finish on time.

Not to be pessimistic, my glass is always half full (and maybe that's my problem) but perhaps we need to make the challenge how quickly can we get to them all rather than how many can we do in a year.

Joe

ps. I'm really looking forward to the end of this where we have only the really out of the way or difficult airports to get.

I really enjoy reading everybodies claims and seeing where they are on the map. Then I spend the rest of the evening dreaming up ways to maybe get there myself some day.
I finally found a day today, when it wasn't snowing in a direction I wanted to go and I wasn't working most of the day. And the temperature was up to a balmy +5 F. Unfortunately the heater in the Tripacer isn't really the best so I was able to see my breath for the whole 4 hours I got to fly today. (I'm loving it and would/will do it again)

Barb

Looks like my area is still wide open... I'll try my best to get some in within the next month. Just gotta get my bills caught up and back in the air.

Thanks for the update!

Nick I didn't realize this was your website. I joined last week and made my first claim today. There are a lot of unclaimed airports near me so I'll be knocking them out soon.

Nick I didn't realize this was your website. I joined last week and made my first claim today. There are a lot of unclaimed airports near me so I'll be knocking them out soon.

Sweet! Love to hear it!

FWIW - its not really "my" site, its a combo effort between Myself and Chip Gibbons. He's the techy guy behind the website.

Back