End of debate: President says we must comply

Latest report (that I've seen) says Pistole may be waffling on the new stuff. I think they have figured out they screwed the pooch.

Latest report (that I've seen) says Pistole may be waffling on the new stuff. I think they have figured out they screwed the pooch.
I read what he said and I am more inclined to say he is weasel wording on the issue. He clearly stated that they are not modifying procedures.

This is a really tough issue. The TSA's existence and directives come from Congress, remember, the same dumbasses who continue to insist we pilots aren't trustworthy if our photo isn't on our pilot's license, er, certificate? So what's Obama supposed to do? He has to enforce the laws enumerated by Congress. Moreover, if he relaxes the watch and something happens, he gets roundly blamed. You really don't like the TSA? Write, call, E-mail, telegram, or send telepathic hypnotic messages to your elected congresscritter (lots of people claim to know the intentions of dead people, so the latter should be a snap). If there is truly a groundswell of disaffection for the TSA and their actions, Congress will act. They all have to get reelected. My guess is there is no such groundswell, and this is just a few people bellyaching. Time will tell.

It evidently looks like a waffle to others as well. Time will tell.

Heeding a sudden furor, John Pistole, administrator of the Transportation Security Administration, said in a Sunday afternoon statement to POLITICO that airport screening procedures “will be adapted as conditions warrant,” in an effort to make them “as minimally invasive as possible, while still providing the security that the American people want and deserve.”
TSA's new flexibility comes as the government gears up for a flood of travel over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Administration officials say any changes are more likely to be in the implementation of the security procedures than in the security measures themselves.
Continue Reading Text Size

• -
  • +
  • reset
Listen

Latest on POLITICO

POLITICO 44

Pistole’s statement to POLITICO modified his vow a few hours earlier on CNN’s “State of the Union” that the procedures were "not going to change." Both President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said over the weekend that the administration was continually looking for ways to refine the screening to make it less intrusive and frustrating.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/45460.html#ixzz15ywPXZqL
I read what he said and I am more inclined to say he is weasel wording on the issue. He clearly stated that they are not modifying procedures.

Back