Empty hangar in Vegas this weekend?

Ianovic

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Ianovic
Does anyone have an empty hangar for my little Viking in Vegas from Saturday night to Monday they wouldn't mind renting? Atlantic wants $100 a night and at that rate, I'll just non-rev, if I don't get bumped...

You can shoot me an email @

ia n @ wi l dro sev in ey ards . com

Thanks a ton!

Ian

Go into North Las Vegas. Much friendlier to GA and was only a $40 cab ride from the strip. I think they waived the ramp fee with fuel purchase.

it's not gonna rain - leave it out. Put the cover on it. Along with the reflective Kennons - they work under the cover too!

Yeah, I just hate leaving anything (car, bike, plane) out in the sun with ambient temps well above 100. My M&Ms melt every time!

Yeah, I just hate leaving anything (car, bike, plane) out in the sun with ambient temps well above 100. My M&Ms melt every time!
Most hangars I have been in get just as hot or hotter than outside. The tin roofs offer no insulation and the walls and doors keep the heat in. At least outside, there might be a breeze that keeps it from acting like an oven. But when it is 100deg plus, those m&ms are going to be liquid anyway.

That said: I like to keep mine in a hangar too.

You are forgetting that the surface temp of the plane in the sun can well exceed the ambient temp.

It just seems wrong. I guess it comes from seeing too many motorcycle kick stands melt into the asphalt.

Unless I'm camping next to it - I have the Flybaby hangared every time no matter the cost.

Found a hangar in north Vegas for 30 a night. Problem solved. Thanks everyone!

Back