Emotional N/A

markb5900

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mark B
Had a rough day.
Came home and sitting here at my desk, looking at the pictures of my sons in their tuxes on a cruise we took (had to force them to wear them, they were teenagers at the time) and my sons in their tuxes at my oldest sons wedding.
Another picture of my son and his new wife on their wedding day.
Another picture of my grandson. (yes all on my computer desk) and realized no matter what happens just how lucky a person I am.

I can fly a plane, which most people here can do also but MOST of the population can't.
I have a great family!
I have a roof over my head every day.

When things seem bad, take a good look around you. You will be amazed at how lucky most of us really are.

Hope you don't mind my little "rant"

Mark B

Last edited:
You have to get things off your chest, and your rant actually made you notice some good things! So--well done. And every minute brings a new chance for a fresh change!

Best

terry

tomorrow is another day..go take the plane up.
Hope its better Mark. :)

Hello, boys and girls. This is your old pal, Stinky Wizzleteats. This is a song about a whale. No! This is a song about being happy! That's right! It's the Happy Happy Joy Joy song!
Happy Happy Joy Joy Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!
I don't think you're happy enough! That's right! I'll teach you to be happy! I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs! Now, boys and girls, let's try it again!
Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!
If'n you aint the grandaddy of all liars! The little critters of nature... They don't know that they're ugly! That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumblebee! I told you I'd shoot! But you didn't believe me! Why didn't you believe me?!
Happy Happy Happy Happy
Happy Happy Happy Happy
Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!

Last edited:
Mark, your not on an island, we all have been there. At least you can realize just how lucky you are. Some folks just don't get it at all.

I keep a picture behind my computer monitor at work. It's what I call the make me humble picture. It is a picture of what was left of the truck that it took rescue folks just under 2 hours to get me out of. accident was at 9:52 pm and I was wheeled into Norristown Hospital just before midnight. I came home 3 months later.

When I have a rough day, which aren' t to many, I pull that pic out and thank God I am here to B*#@* about whatever is bugging me. Then I spin around and look across my desk and see my wedding pics, solo picture, first flight pic with the bride (lesson in vegas) and the critters..(Italian Mastif and 3 cats).....then I think my life is real good.

Hang in there......tomorrow is another day that starts with a clean score card! ;)

Last edited:
Mark,

Thanks for the reminder. I needed it. I've had a rough time with my boss lately, and have felt by turns humiliated, outraged, discouraged, stupid, etc. etc. and yesterday went on an eating binge just to make myself feel really stupid, humiliated, discouraged, etc. etc. Your post will make me think about all the good things in life (although having my airplane in the shop for a month is not one of them ;) ).

I have a great husband, two wonderful dogs (when I say critters, I mean critters), a wonderful niece who is working for me, a nice house, good friends, and generally an extremely enviable life. I need to cling to that right now.

Judy

I've seldom had a bad day that Harley riding or flying
wouldn't cure.

;-)

Back