Eminent Domain restrictions passed in MN.

gismo

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iGismo
According to my state lobbyest and government watchdog, our state legislature passed a bill that specifically prohibits using the power of eminent domain to take property for the purpose of redevelopment except under certain stringent circumstances. The was in response to a couple cities getting carried away with it and citing the increased tax base as the "public benefit" along with such takings being upheld by the Supreme Court.

The way things were going I expected to see a city condem someones million dollar lake home to allow a builder to replace it with a two million dollar home or worse yet come in and take several adjacent homes to build someone an "estate".

I had to read that..about three times..before I had any clue what I was reading...

Well. At least they do some things right.

jangell said:
I had to read that..about three times..before I had any clue what I was reading...
Not sure what your problem was. I understood it right away.

Glad to see MN is seeing the insanity of the situation. We've got yet ANOTHER court battle going through the system again here in AZ....AFTER the poor garage owner already won the LAST one! The Supreme Court ruling encouraged the city to go back and start over!

Brian Austin said:
Not sure what your problem was. I understood it right away.
A combination of two things:

1.) I read in an odd way. Sort of skip around..read the first word or two..the last word or two...maybe some in between if I still don't understand what is being written.

2.) I'm stupid. :yes:

Back