Emergency Descent To Landing (Practice Only)

Shepherd

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Shepherd

I decided to do a practice "emergency descent" .
I wish I had the GoPro hooked up to the comm. The instructor in the Cherokee was priceless as I went past.
Nothing I can type in here, unfortunately.

Reminds me of a little game I used to play in the Cherokee. I'd place myself several thousand feet over a runway and pull the power. The rule was I had to land full flaps in a full stall within the first fifteen hundred feet of the runway. If I didn't I'd have to go up and do it again.

I should really start doing that in the Mooney. Really teaches you how to manage energy.

That's a normal power off approach for me. In the land infinite Cessnas and "noise abatement procedures" I have to keep some power on till short final, or I won't make the runway.

That's a normal power off approach for me. In the land infinite Cessnas and "noise abatement procedures" I have to keep some power on till short final, or I won't make the runway.

Yes, but I'm going almost as fast as the plane will fly all the way to the ground. :yikes:
Noise abatement rules, according to a study I read in a science journal not too log ago, serve no useful purpose, and put pilots at risk.
But you can't tell that to politicians or rich home owners.

Did he yell slow the sumbitch down it's a Cub! :p

Ummm, let's just say it was MUCH more colorful than a man of the cloth should repeat.
I did admonish him for language and taking the Lord's name in vain, which drew a huge laugh from someone on the frequency.

Why go fast? Slip that cub sideways and you’ll get her down safely and much quicker than the video shows.

Back