Embry-Riddle Pulling Out of Daytona

I live 20 miles north of DAB. I'd really not be excited about a flight in a 172 right now. 600 ceiling, gusts to 35+ and increasing.

I live 20 miles north of DAB. I'd really not be excited about a flight in a 172 right now. 600 ceiling, gusts to 35+ and increasing.
That's was my thought as well. Wouldn't have been a fun departure out of here. I got lucky and got tucked away in a hangar

I guess they have some arrangement with AUO because that's where they always go.
Looking at the path prediction for this one, I'd think they'd pick something a bit further West

EDIT: Disregard, I was confused about where AUO is.

A couple of years ago, when I flew to KRYY, Cobb County Georgia, near Atlanta, I couldn’t get close-in parking due to a massive number of 172s arriving in a conga line from Florida, when there was a hurricane coming. Don’t remember which school it was. KRYY had tons of parking, but it darn near filled up.

That's was my thought as well. Wouldn't have been a fun departure out of here. I got lucky and got tucked away in a hangar

Totally agree! I picked up my plane on Tuesday afternoon during a break between the rain bands in Daytona and moved it to Ormond and it was a sporty 5 min flight… couldn’t imagine doing it in a 172 the next day!

A couple of years ago, when I flew to KRYY, Cobb County Georgia, near Atlanta, I couldn’t get close-in parking due to a massive number of 172s arriving in a conga line from Florida, when there was a hurricane coming. Don’t remember which school it was. KRYY had tons of parking, but it darn near filled up.

Probably Superior Flight School. They were purchased by Phoenix East Aviation out of KDAB.

Back