Embry-Riddle Aviation-Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) Study

ERAU_Professor

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dr. J.
Aviation Professionals, we need your help to understand better how your knowledge, skills, and abilities connect to your education, certification, and experience. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is conducting a study to understand what contributes most to the factors that make (or made) you effective in your aviation position. Please help us by taking this brief 3-5 minute survey. Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Survey: http://continentalresearchus.com/survey/index.php/717486/lang-en

Thanks for your help!

Dr. Jason Newcomer
https://www.linkedin.com/in/drjason

Harvard helped me become the well chiseled pilot I am today.

psh, a und alum helping erau?
No way.

Ok, I did it.

You're starting with an assumption that I'm "effective in my aviation population."

Trust me. I don't have an aviation population here at my house, and if I did, I think they'd have to take some time to decide if I was "effective".

Once we determined what they wanted me to be effective at, that is. Maybe lawn mowing or bringing them bottled beers without spilling them, or something like that. Start simple and work your way up to avoid problems with expectations, of course.

Dr. J
Filled out your survey but honestly the very last statement of thanks told me a lot. "Try to help those who are interested". These academic surveys are basically an exercise in make work. My comments on one question are indicative of how I feel about the FAA, higher education and company ground schools. None of these entities are interested. They have their agendas and kingdoms and are loathe to change them to what really matters. I spend so much time trying to stay legal with paperwork that the safe operation of a flight can be compromised other than my attitude of screw it, I will deal with the idiots later. If a situation arises, so many times my first thought is not what do we need to do to fix this but how will what I do or write up come out at a hearing. That environment has zero to do with safety.
Good luck with your goal.

Back