Email pic links

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
what do I type into an email, such that the picture I want to link to is visible in the email, not just the text for the link?

He uses Netscape, Rich. Really.

Also, likes to connect using an acoustic coupler and 110 Baud.

Counts his money in pounds and shillings.

Yikes...

I didn't even know Netscape still had an email client. I have no idea how to make images in outgoing mail render inline using Netscape. The first thing I would try would be to just drag them into the message body while composing the mail, but no promises there.

If no one else answers, I can look it up later, but I have to go call on some clients right now and will be out for most of the day.

Rich

I thought Netscape had an option for inline vs attachement somewhere on the menus but it's been a while since I used it.

Joe

If you are using Netscape 7.2; Click Compose, and click on the blank message area. Up top the word "Insert" will turn black. Click "Insert" and a box will drop down. Click "Image " and another box will pop up. In this box click "Choose file". From there you can choose a file containing the picture you want "Insert" into your Email message. Then click the picture and it will show up in the box. Click "Don't use alternate text", click OK and it will be inserted into the message area.

Hey - I'm using Pine ... can I do pictures, too?

Where do I find the 110baud upgrade option?

:D

If you are using Netscape 7.2; Click Compose, and click on the blank message area. Up top the word "Insert" will turn black. Click "Insert" and a box will drop down. Click "Image " and another box will pop up. In this box click "Choose file". From there you can choose a file containing the picture you want "Insert" into your Email message. Then click the picture and it will show up in the box. Click "Don't use alternate text", click OK and it will be inserted into the message area.

"insert", insert, insert?
no see-um

PS I love Netscape!!

Attachments

• compose.JPG
    compose.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 17
"insert", insert, insert? no see-um PS I love Netscape!!

Originally Posted by Noah Werka
"If you are using Netscape 7.2;"

You are using a newer version(8 or 9).

That's why I still use the old Netscape 7.2. It has the E-Mail Client that makes composing E-Mails so much easier. The newer versions are stand alone browsers (No E-Mail client).

Last edited:
"insert", insert, insert?
no see-um

PS I love Netscape!!

See that Paper Clip icon labled "Attach?" Try pushing dat.

EDIT: To have the picture show up in the email you have to use HTML formatted email which is E-V-I-L.

what do I type into an email, such that the picture I want to link to is visible in the email, not just the text for the link?

Dave,

I presume you're trying to SEND an email to someone else so that they can see the images embedded in the message, not that you're trying to see embedded images in a message you've received from someone else, right?

Is there a reason you've not upgraded to version 9?

I would assume because AOL got their dirty hands on it after 7.2, and anything AOL touches turns to garbage. Believe me, I worked for AOL when it started happening. Remember the splendor that used to be WinAmp?

...it really whips the Llama's ass!

Is there a reason you've not upgraded to version 9?

I noted that one of the post 7.2 versions was
a) very different in appearance (I hate pointless change)
b) it was doing some selling, and I cannot recall what but I seem to recall messages to buy this or some commercial thing happening when I used it so I went back to .2.

emacs fo' life, yo!

Also, HTML formatted e-mail is awesome! It allows you to totally look like a spammer and **** off everyone you know (and send tables without needing an attachment).

~ Christopher

emacs? OMG! The WORST editor in the world - spoken from one who has never used it, only found myself stuck in it accidentally on occasion, like Alice down the rabbit hole... the only editor I've seen that is so obtuse, it tells you how to extricate yourself should you suddenly and inexplicably find yourself sucked down the emacs hole. :)

vi I can live with ... give me eve and tpu ... oh yeah, I forgot, VMS is dead ... :-(

vi I can kiss my hairy . . .

Although even I will admit that Stallman puts me off of anything GNU (as XEmacs is).

Recently I have been using eclipse as my primary editor for programming.

~ Christopher

Back