Elk Burger

Bob Weber

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Autopilot Whisperer
I just joined and figure what better way to start. My first lesson was in Glenwood Springs Co in a mid 70's 182, I purchased a membership and trained in a 56' 172 and flew it all over the southwest. A favorite activity was to fly full speed a few feet off the ground off a several thousand foot cliff down into the Grand Valley. I would do it quite often with friends, one day I saw the flash of what was an elk I had "jumped", it went out of sight above the LH wing... I never did that again!!!!
Bob Weber

A favorite activity was to fly full speed a few feet off the ground off a several thousand foot cliff down into the Grand Valley. I would do it quite often with friends
Sounds like a great way to get killed!

Welcome to the board!

I spent nearly 40years flying in broken airplanes for a living, at the time it seemed fun until that took place! And Thanks for the welcome!

Regretfully my father convinced me I wouldn't be able to fly because of my vision. I've been repairing and modifying general aviation for my entire career, being very privileged to be included in some pretty cool old projects. We were shutting down engines in 441 Cessna's over Eagle CO, at night, in a snow storm. I was the autopilot guy, and also performed the certification and acceptance flights. This included evaluation flights to identify issues from time to time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back