Electronics International panel pics

Dave Arata

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Dave
Hello all,

We are in the process of updating our marketing material and we were hoping there were a few proud owners out there that would like to share a couple high resolution pics of their panel upgrade using Electronics International instruments. Before and after pics are even better! If you'd like to share any picc, please send them to support@iflyei.com and I will make sure they are forwarded to our marketing/advertising team.

Thank you very much!

I'll do my best.
Set low expections and you will never live with disappointment.

I was hoping for a reply! So, anything past that is gravy! :)

Hello all,

We are in the process of updating our marketing material and we were hoping there were a few proud owners out there that would like to share a couple high resolution pics of their panel upgrade using Electronics International instruments. Before and after pics are even better! If you'd like to share any picc, please send them to support@iflyei.com and I will make sure they are forwarded to our marketing/advertising team.

Thank you very much!
Dave,

I just sent five before and after pics to the email address listed. I hope that it helps.

A couple of things while we are chatting.

1. The other week it was noticed that the fuel pressure reading was fluctuating. Doing a little reading up on the issue on POA, it was decided to add a little air to the sensor line to act as a cushion for the gear driven pump pulses. Worked like a charm. I was the hero. Unfortunately, not before my AP had already removed the fuel pump.
2. Has the design been improved for the phenolic wire connectors? I recall that a metal ferrule has been added. Mine are just phenolic.

2. Has the design been improved for the phenolic wire connectors? I recall that a metal ferrule has been added. Mine are just phenolic.

I'm not Dave, but I can answer this one - they have.

The newer connectors are longer, have the referenced ferrule and have two set screws. Much easier to use, work great. Definite improvement.

I have an EI tach and MP. My tach seems to sometimes report 30-50 rpm low when compared to my JPI 830. I had it recalibrated and got the bigger LCDs at the same time but two years latter I have seen it reappear. I need to get an optical sensor but I feel that the JPI is the more accurate one. What would cause this on the EI?

I can get some panel pics if you still need them. I like the instruments… just wish the calibration would “stick” better.

Last edited:
I have an EI tach and MP. My tach seems to sometimes report 30-50 rpm low when compared to my JPI 830. I had it recalibrated and got the bigger LCDs at the same time but two years latter I have seen it reappear. I need to get an optical sensor but I feel that the JPI is the more accurate one. What would cause this on the EI?

I can get some panel pics if you still need them. I like the instruments… just wish the calibration would “stick” better.
The EI uses isolators on the p leads to adjust rpm reading. Comes with 3 different resistances if I remember correctly.

The EI uses isolators on the p leads to adjust rpm reading. Comes with 3 different resistances if I remember correctly.

what would cause it to read correctly for a couple years and then drop to reading 50rpm low?

Our R-1 ships with two isolator (resistor) values, 79K and 47K. As the magneto wears, so does the signal on the P-lead. As such, the isolator currently installed may have been correct for the output of the mag a couple years ago, but may be attenuating the signal too far now. However, an optical tach should be used for confirmation before any changes are made.

How about a video of the MVP-50 in action when we were trouble shooting it on a Friday afternoon last month? :D

Thanks for all the help on that by the way.

Just sent an email of the panel.

Last edited:
Back