Electronic logbooks

sferguson524

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
FormerSocalFlyer
What do you use? I personally use zululog.com. It has the ability for instructors to electronically endorse a student's book. I'm a fan.:)

I was also looking at zululogs due to the reminder notifications all in one spot to keep all the currency's up to date. I guess I'll know more of my opinion on this after I start flying a little more.

Logbook Pro. Backup often, and once a year I print a paper file to cover since the last printout and file it outside of the house.

does myflightbook transfer stuff between when you use the internet based version on a PC and if you have the iphone app?

So..... signed up for myflightbook last night and finished entering my logbook this morning (except for comments). So far, its just what I wanted.

Simple, straight forward, and the data syncs rapidly between devices (iphone and ipad). The "what airports have I been to" map is neat. Overall, for a backup to my paper book, its good.

They also have an option to upload scans of your logbook endorsements..... very nice.

Downside, night currency requires adding a field for "Night Takeoffs" in addition to specifying how many "Full stop" night landings you had in the data entry section.

So..... signed up for myflightbook last night and finished entering my logbook this morning (except for comments). So far, its just what I wanted.

Simple, straight forward, and the data syncs rapidly between devices. The "what airports have I been to" map is neat. Overall, for a backup to my paper book, its good.

They also have an option to upload scans of your logbook endorsements..... very nice.

The other thing I like is that you can attach literally hundreds of different properties to your flights...want to know how many LPV approaches you've flown...no problem!

Also, if you have something like a G1000, you can grab the flight data telemetry and attach it to your flights!

Simple, straight forward, and the data syncs rapidly between devices (iphone and ipad). The "what airports have I been to" map is neat. Overall, for a backup to my paper book, its good.

Downside, night currency requires adding a field for "Night Takeoffs" in addition to specifying how many "Full stop" night landings you had in the data entry section.

What I do for that is just count the night landings, and put the night takeoff in the remarks field. I'll often do a single flight just for night currency and the remarks make me legal even if I only count the landings numerically.

LogTen will track both takeoffs and landings and accurately calculate night currency from them.

Back