Electronic Logbook and signatures.

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
I've built my own logbook in Access, which does everything that any other logbook does. I can also print it off, and it has space for my signature to make it legal. However, it's a little hard to sign your name as safety pilot - so what I'm going to make is stickers or get a logbook only for safety pilot signatures.

Would this be adequate for the stickers?

I hereby declare that I served as safety pilot in accordance with
14 CFR 61.51(b)(v), 14 CFR 61.51(g)(2)(ii), and 14 CFR 91.109(b)
on this date _____________ for Edward Frederick (cert #)
Name:_____________________________
Certificate Number __________________
Signature___________________________

I am also going to close out my old logbook, and get a new one solely for training - unless I make a sticker for instructor signature similar to the one above.

Thoughts?

I think it's overkill... 61.51 just requires the NAME of your safety pilot, not the signature. I've never had a safety pilot sign my book... I just note who was on board. Don't even have their certificate number. Just "SP: Terry Davis" if I have simulated instrument time in the column.

Troy Whistman said:
I think it's overkill... 61.51 just requires the NAME of your safety pilot, not the signature. I've never had a safety pilot sign my book... I just note who was on board. Don't even have their certificate number. Just "SP: Terry Davis" if I have simulated instrument time in the column.

I've got signatures in mine. All 2 times that I've used it. Hmmm...I guess if I don't need a signature, I can just put their name down, and then only need a logbook for instruction where that needs to be signed.

N2212R said:
I've got signatures in mine. All 2 times that I've used it. Hmmm...I guess if I don't need a signature, I can just put their name down, and then only need a logbook for instruction where that needs to be signed.
Correct. The whole idea is that the FAA wants to be able to track them down to verify it if the question should ever arise, so it's not a bad idea to also record their pilot certificate numbers, especially if their name is "John Smith." If the safety pilot's name is "Zbigniew Brzezinski" it probably doesn't matter.

Maybe they should get T-shirts, that say:

"I survived as safety pilot in accordance with 14 CFR 61.51(b)(v), 14 CFR 61.51(g)(2)(ii), and 14 CFR 91.109(b) for Edward Frederick, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!"

Heehee!

--Kath

kath said:
Maybe they should get T-shirts, that say:

"I survived as safety pilot in accordance with 14 CFR 61.51(b)(v), 14 CFR 61.51(g)(2)(ii), and 14 CFR 91.109(b) for Edward Frederick, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt!"

Heehee!

--Kath

Do I need to bring up you asking which runway was the active at the untowered field? Oops. Too late! :rofl:

That T-shirt idea is funny though.

Back